UKC

Rob and Craig Matheson @ Kendal Mountain Festival - Q&A

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

In a couple of weeks time I'll be sitting down alongside Lakeland legends Rob and Craig Matheson, talking about (amongst other things) their love of climbing, family influences, training tips and much more...

However, something that I know both Rob and Craig were keen for is some questions from those who aren't able to attend. Whilst I can't promise to ask them all, if you have any questions please post them below and I'll do my best to ask as many as I possibly can.

If anyone is keen to attend you can get tickets via the link below. I you can't make it, the session will be uploaded onto the Kendal Mountain Player, so you'll be able to catch-up there - should that be of interest.

https://tickets.kendalmountainfestival.com/events/19-11-2022-19-30-rob-crai...
https://kendalmountainplayer.com/pages/online-festival

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Quick nudge on this to anyone who's interested, as I'm pulling together my final list of questions and it'd be good to know if anyone has anything specific they'd like to ask...

neilh 16 Nov 2022

Training tips - what is Rob’s training for flexibility and maintaining his strength. 

tmawer 16 Nov 2022

Does Rob still have his electric blue shell suit from the 90's?

In reply to neilh:

> Training tips - what is Rob’s training for flexibility and maintaining his strength. 

We were definitely going to focus on training, but I'll raise flexibility too.

In reply to tmawer:

> Does Rob still have his electric blue shell suit from the 90's?

Ha, I may not get to ask this on stage, but will endeavour to ask afterwards

Rab6t 16 Nov 2022

Unfortunately I can't make the festival and don't have any specific questions. Just wanted to record my thanks for the various videos the Matheson's have recently produced. Really enjoyed the reflections and banter. Well done guys. 

smally 17 Nov 2022

One for Rob M; Clyde built.......or a Barrow Boy?.

In reply to Rab6t:

> Unfortunately I can't make the festival and don't have any specific questions. Just wanted to record my thanks for the various videos the Matheson's have recently produced. Really enjoyed the reflections and banter. Well done guys. 

They really are a gift to the climbing community aren't they.

In reply to smally:

> One for Rob M; Clyde built.......or a Barrow Boy?.

Quite a combo that isn't it?!

biscuit 17 Nov 2022

I'd like to ask Rob what took him away from climbing for a while and more importantly what brought him back? (I know the answer but I think it's really interesting).

What are the similarities/differences between the partnership he had with his dad and the partnership he has with Craig?

tmawer 17 Nov 2022

If it doesn't come up in the general questioning I would be interested to know why they seem to under grade routes or perhaps why they think others over grade.

Jon Read 17 Nov 2022

My question for Craig would be about onsighting -- we hear about his hard headpoints/redpoints -- does he do much hard onsighting and it's just not reported?

TechnoJim 20 Nov 2022

I'd like to know if Rob would consider some sort of 'Rent-a-Dad' service for fatherless climbers...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...