UKC

Pietra di Luna - Supramonte guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Just wondering, has anyone used this Pietra di Luna - Supramonte area guidebook? Is it any good?

Heading to the area in April but the Arrampicare a Cala Gonone guidebook is out of stock everywhere for a few months and the £50 Pietra di Luna guidebook from 2011 for all of Sardinia gets some very negative reviews, worst guidebook ever etc.

Alternately if anyone has a Arrampicare a Cala Gonone guidebook for sale please let me know.

Toerag 08 Nov 2022
In reply to Laurence Everitt:

I've one of the Pietra Luna books (can't remember which one, but it would have been from 2010-2013 as that's when we went - it's the one for the whole island with singlepitch and multipitch) and yes, it's not the easiest book to use. We did, however, find all the crags and routes we tried to. I'd suggest some pre-trip guidebook reading, map reading, and cross-referencing the two would be useful. Also, try to correlate with online resources.  I think the main issue was finding the crags and parking places in the first place, once at a crag finding routes was easier. Of course, Supramonte is 'mountain' and thus finding crags is a bigger part of the game. Getting to Tiscali and the routes on the walk-in (sound of silence etc.) was fine.

Darron 08 Nov 2022
In reply to Laurence Everitt:

I have a “Fourth updated edition” of the Petra de Luna guide. It’s the second worse guidebook I’ve ever used. The topos  are tiny, unbelievably poor and sit next to full page, colour pics of various honed dudes. Without question a triumph of style over substance.

Incidentaly the worst guide for me is the Shepard one to Arapiles. You need a detailed knowledge of the crag to even use the thing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...