UKC

Star Wars Andor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 10 Nov 2022

If you are looking for a TV Series and you like Si-Fi then I highly recommend Star Wars Andor.

Exciting story, and superb settings. And a few seconds were filmed a couple of miles where I live. 😀

I'm only nine episodes in and can't wait for the next instalment.

Edit

As usual, all the baddies have British accents and the goodies have American accents.

Post edited at 16:09
 Niall_H 10 Nov 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

Agreed!  Although it does itself few favours by starting slow and only then picking up pace.

There are a lot of British accents!

dread-i 10 Nov 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

Bits were filmed in Scotland as well.

I like it, for the day-to-day grittiness and the opulent political class. No grand space battles as yet, or shooting ones way out of a death star. I thought, 'not many trees'. imagine my disappointment when I realised that Ewoks lived on Endor.

OP: I take it you've seen Mandalorian?

Dax H 10 Nov 2022
In reply to Niall_H:

> Agreed!  Although it does itself few favours by starting slow and only then picking up pace.

When does it pick up?  I watched the first 2 and didn't bother going any further because it was so slow it was almost backwards. 

Durbs 10 Nov 2022
In reply to Dax H:

It's a slow burn, there's some "action" in episodes 3 and er... 5/6, but what's cool (or not - depending what you like), is it's not your typical blasters & sabers of Star Wars, it's political and emotional.

I like it a lot - much better than BoBF which just seemed to be "how many things can we put in to make die-hard fans nod knowingly" whilst skipping any kind of sensible storyline, but possibly not as a good as Mando which strikes the balance right between action and drama.

Dax H 10 Nov 2022
In reply to Durbs:

Mando was the right balance.

Boba fett was what it was, mindless escapeism that was fun in small doses. I will give Ando another chance, probably over Christmas when I can binge it. 

Niall_H 10 Nov 2022
In reply to Dax H:

Ep Four (apropriately!) onwards.   Which is really dumb of them as even I was on the verge of ditching the thing by then and I'm pretty stuborn!

nathan79 10 Nov 2022
In reply to Dax H:

In the same boat as yourself. Not a massive fan of the character or the show so far, but finally just got round to watching episode 3 and it's starting to get more interesting.

Worth a watch for all the "wasn't that actor in Eastenders/Coronation Street/numerous other British TV shows" moments.

ben b 10 Nov 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

I got quite overexcited to see I had once slept in the same cave as Saw Gurerra!

Also handy navigationally as Galactic North lines up with grid, mag and true round there…

b

OP The Lemming 10 Nov 2022
In reply to Dax H:

> Mando was the right balance.

I liked The Mandolorian but did not think that there was a cohesive story. I just saw it as a collection of little 1950's Cowboy episodes repackaged as a Space Cowboy selling his gun for hire.

Durbs 11 Nov 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

The first series was - almost deliberately so with different directors each episode too. Second series pulls it all toghether.

Toby_W 11 Nov 2022
In reply to Dax H:

Felt the same as you but stuck with it and now I count the days to the next episode.  

Cheers

Toby

RedFive 11 Nov 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

Definitely my favourite of all the TV spin-offs. 

Mostly filmed at Pinewood (hence lots of Brits) on big sets without green screen and also on location. 

Almost like the good old days. 

OP The Lemming 11 Nov 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

> I liked The Mandolorian but did not think that there was a cohesive story. I just saw it as a collection of little 1950's Cowboy episodes repackaged as a Space Cowboy selling his gun for hire.

There is a subtle cowboy connection in this clip, its so subtle that you may miss the reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=1yP7glaCT1M&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...