UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Best of British - Gritstone by RockCity

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 20 Dec 2022

The UK has one of the most iconic climbing scenes in the world.  For such a small island we have 'held our end up' with creating great climbing legends, athletes and of course routes.  

If you speak to any climber, anywhere in the world and mention the U.K. you will hear two things, Sheffield and The Peak District.  These are the two most famous things about the U.K. climbing scene.  

Read more

afx22 20 Dec 2022
In reply to UKC Gear:

These look great to me.  The opposite of the modern comp style.

I wonder if they are so realistic that the pebbles occasionally snap off when you stand on them, or where the holds look like a nice break from below - but when you get there, they're just slopers in disguise?

sandrow 20 Dec 2022
In reply to afx22:

> I wonder if they are so realistic that the pebbles occasionally snap off when you stand on them

And are they sometimes razor-sharp so when you pull on them your finger tips pop like squeezed grapes?

French Erick 18 Jan 2023
In reply to UKC Gear:

If you ask foreigners about climbing in the uk the 2 things they say is actually trad climbing/ethics and small crags in my personal experience. Very few of them actually know Sheffield as a place and even less would know where it is in the uk!

French Erick 18 Jan 2023
In reply to French Erick:

The holds looks really good though. I might even invest in some.

Robert Durran 19 Jan 2023
In reply to French Erick:

> If you ask foreigners about climbing in the uk the 2 things they say is actually trad climbing/ethics and small crags in my personal experience. 

Yes, but if they have heard of a specific venue, it is most often Ben Nevis.

French Erick 19 Jan 2023
In reply to Robert Durran:

I concur. Ben Nevis ice gullies. Though being from an Alpine valley the biais is towards the mountaineering end of the climbing spectrum. Not that they would travel to it as 99% of the people I speak to at home are put off by the climate and the food…  good old prejudices !!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...