UKC

Lincoln Cathedral from Crich Stand & Harborough Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
LW199509 13 Jan 2023

A few pictures I took of Lincoln Cathedral from Crich Stand, Middleton Moor and Harborough Rocks.

wasn’t sure in which forum to post so apologise if it’s in the wrong one.

profitofdoom 13 Jan 2023
In reply to LW199509:

Thanks. I love Lincoln and the cathedral 

Dave Hewitt 13 Jan 2023
In reply to LW199509:

Brilliant, thanks for these - well done. As I think I've mentioned on here before, I was brought up just a few miles from Crich, and within sight of the Stand, and often went back to those parts to see my parents until they and the old house went in 2013. No real idea how often I've been to the Stand (or actually up it), but it'll be a few dozen times over the decades. I've many times looked for Lincoln Cathedral and have never seen it - ditto the Humber Bridge, also reputedly visible from there. Don't think I've been there on a day as clear as the one you got - lovely pictures.

LW199509 13 Jan 2023
In reply to Dave Hewitt:

Thank you appreciate the comment and I’ve seen the cathedral twice now the first was on a fairly cloudy day believe it or not. The first time I took a photo using my phone held against a pair of binoculars, but went back up with my camera last week to get the proper picture.

I tried looking for the Humber bridge but couldn’t find it but I’ll admit I didn’t look for very long. I did manage to picture the top of the chimney of Drax power station in North Yorkshire though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...