UKC

Chamonix boot fitting recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dangermouse79 14 Jan 2023

Hi all,

I'm going to be in Chamonix next week and hoping to get some new ski touring boots while I'm there. Can anyone give me recommendations on the best place to go for this? I don't have particularly difficult feet to fit, mainly looking for somewhere with a good stock of ski touring and free ride boots that can do a decent fitting.

Cheers,

Ed

liss 14 Jan 2023
In reply to dangermouse79:

Hi, I went to Sole BootLab (on many recommendations) and am very happy with my boots.

https://www.solesportslabs.com/

Best to make an appointment to get fitted there.

My partner (more normal-footed than I) used Snell Sports and was happy with the outcome.  Others have recommended Concept Pro (haven't tried for boots, but great for touring equipment and skis).

HammondR 14 Jan 2023

you can't go far wrong with Sole, Sanglard or Concept Pro. 

You may however find yourself more encouraged to spend an extra 200€ on must have Intuition liners at Sole than the other two.

Unless you already have them, be prepared to fork out for custom footbeds.

Gspot 22 Jan 2023
In reply to liss:

+1 for Sole. They really know what they’re talking about.

ianstevens 23 Jan 2023

Recently got a new pair of touring boots from Snell Sports - would recommend. Quite a few sale options too atm.

ianstevens 23 Jan 2023
In reply to HammondR:

> you can't go far wrong with Sole, Sanglard or Concept Pro. 

> You may however find yourself more encouraged to spend an extra 200€ on must have Intuition liners at Sole than the other two.

> Unless you already have them, be prepared to fork out for custom footbeds.

And then wonder how you ever survived without them!

Sanglard and Snell are both decent options. Lots of people like Sole but I've never had a good experience there. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...