UKC

A certificate to work as a stretching coach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hello, 

Perhaps somebody knows, tell me please. Can I work as a stretching coach in the UK with a Ukrainian certificate or I must study in the UK and get the English certificate?

Thank you so much!

Steve Woollard 10 Feb 2023
In reply to IlonaIlona77777:

Okay I'll bite. Do you mean yoga, if so no

CantClimbTom 10 Feb 2023
In reply to IlonaIlona77777:

Yes/No 

NO: There is no legal requirement to have a special certificate

YES: *IF* you want to actually get work employed by someone else (especially in a gym) or get insurance you need to get a basic certificate. This used to be called "REPS" (Register of Exercise ProfessionalS)  and people still sometimes call it that, but since 2020 you need CIMSPA membership. Take a look down this page at the different categories https://www.cimspa.co.uk/join-us/membership-for-individuals/

Maybe they can answer if your existing certificates are recognised by them. Be aware this is not a legal thing - you won't serve time in prison for performing unlicenced Yoga it's more as established practice here to get work

Ask them  Email: info@cimspa.co.uk

Good luck

Post edited at 11:05
 girlymonkey 10 Feb 2023
In reply to CantClimbTom:

>  Be aware this is not a legal thing - you won't serve time in prison for performing unlicenced Yoga it's more as established practice here to get work

I have a wonderful mental image of the wing of the prison where they hold the unlicensed yoga instructors! 😂 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...