UKC

Dartmoor Wild Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Kemball 10 Feb 2023

There is an article on the BMC website supporting Dartmoor National Park Authority in its appeal against a ban on wild camping and is encouraging people to donate to a crowd funding campaign to offset the legal costs.

See: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/dartmoor-national-park-donations-appeal-wild-camp-...

The crowd funding campaign is being organised by The Dartmoor Preservation Association – see: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/BackpackCampingAppeal?utm_source=copyLi...

Let’s do our bit to help restore the right to Wild Camp on Dartmoor.

Mark Kemball (BMC SW area chair).

In reply to Mark Kemball:

Anyone know on what grounds they're planning to appeal? I'd love to see a successful appeal but "everyone who isn't a knob thinks the decision was wrong" while true, reliably isn't a goer without showing there was some failure or oversight in proceedings. So they must think there is one but I can't find details anywhere.

When's the second reading of the crow amendments bill anyway? Is that likely to come first?

Bulls Crack 11 Feb 2023
In reply to Mark Kemball:

This is a very informed and insightful analysis. The author has a lot of experience of legal commons and access issues. the National Park would do well to take note. 

https://pannageman.craddocks.co.uk/

Wainers44 11 Feb 2023
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Thanks for posting very interesting. Hopeful DNPA will find some smart thinker to lead the appeal.

Regardless of the outcome I continue to hope that the pair who started all this enjoy the fruits of their labours, sorry, cash, for a very long time to come. Wonder if their kids will be proud of mum and dad as the years judge their behaviors.

Edit to remove the "we" and make it my view only, shouldn't assume anyone else thinks the same.

Post edited at 16:17
 spenser 18 Feb 2023
In reply to Wainers44:

By all means criticise them once they're grown up if they follow the same path but it's a bit unfair to go after someone for their parent's actions. I went to school with the son of a member of the house of lords, there were a few times where he got a bit of stick for stuff his dad had said in the paper etc which seemed rather unfair as he had little influence over his dad at the time (although I roundly disagree with a reasonable number of his Dad's views!).

Wainers44 18 Feb 2023
In reply to spenser:

> By all means criticise them once they're grown up if they follow the same path but it's a bit unfair to go after someone for their parent's actions. I went to school with the son of a member of the house of lords, there were a few times where he got a bit of stick for stuff his dad had said in the paper etc which seemed rather unfair as he had little influence over his dad at the time (although I roundly disagree with a reasonable number of his Dad's views!).

Not sure where you are getting that I'm criticising the kids from? Maybe read my post more carefully?

Far from making any judgement on the kids, I just reflected on how the parents think their kids may view the parents behaviour in years to come. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...