UKC

Simond Mountaineering Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Karlos18 30 Mar 2023

Good afternoon. I bought myself a pair of these. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/mountaineering-boots-alpinism/_/R-p-15633?mc=.... And I’m just curious if anyone has used them? And if anyone knows if they’ll fit into a C2 Crampon? I’m pretty sure they will I would just like to be sure, thanks!

J72 30 Mar 2023
In reply to Karlos18:

That link suggests they do and from the photos they do look like they have a heel welt - probably best to take into a shop and try them with different crampons to check the fit? 

Andypeak 30 Mar 2023
In reply to Karlos18:

Yes they do.

In reply to Karlos18:

If you look at the pictures on the page you linked, you will see them fitted with C2 (heel lever & front basket) crampons. The description also says "Sole compatible with strap or mixed crampon fastening systems."

https://contents.mediadecathlon.com/p350127/k$3f047a68aa0a555192e32828364ff...

Webster 30 Mar 2023
In reply to Karlos18:

yes they will fit the crampons.

i have not used them, but as a general rule, simmond kit is less sexy than other branded stuff, but does much the same job for a fraction of the price

bowls 31 Mar 2023
In reply to Webster:

Agree with that 100%.  They are also a reputable company from Chamonix, just not as trendy as Scarpa and La Sportiva.  Have some waterproof salopette type trousers which cost about £80.  Would have been £200 in other brands.  I cannot fault them 

blackcat 31 Mar 2023
In reply to bowls:

I agree also,have a belay jacket i bought for 40 quid  and its just as warm and weatherproof but more robust than my M.E fitzroy parka which cost 140 quid.I ve also owned simond mountain boots theyre a little heavier but still did the job.

OP Karlos18 11 Apr 2023

Thanks everyone for the advice. They fit perfect, very pleased! 😃 

VictorM 11 Apr 2023
In reply to bowls:

They were a reputable company from Chamonix, until Decathlon bought the brand and since has been using it as their in-house alpine and climbing brand. 

That's not to say their gear doesn't do its job - it's pretty good kit for the price. Just a bit dated sometimes. 

65 11 Apr 2023
In reply to Webster:

>simmond kit is less sexy than other branded stuff, 

Their tools used to be sexier than most other branded stuff. The few Decathlon-era items I've bought have all been great and less than half the price of the competition. The clothing has an athletic cut which seems decreasingly prevalent in most other leading outdoor brands.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...