UKC

Bouldering near Dingwall/Inverness?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joe.mcf 25 May 2023

Staying with family in Dingwall near Inverness for a while. Any decent outdoor bouldering?

DaveHK 25 May 2023
In reply to Joe.mcf:

Do you have a car?

If so, the second best bouldering in Scotland is about an hour away in Torridon.

Post edited at 16:11
In reply to Joe.mcf:

It’d be worth dropping Gaz Marshall a quick message, as he’s the person I think of first when it comes to bouldering in that area.

There’s a distinct chance he’ll see this, as I knows he’s on UKC from time to time, but I’m not sure how frequently, so it could be worth sending him a message via Instagram:

https://instagram.com/easter_ross_choss?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

gaz.marshall 25 May 2023
In reply to Joe.mcf:

The nearest bouldering to Dingwall would be things like the Gold Dance boulders and Scatwell in Strathconon, about 15-20 mins drive. Check out the topos on www.scottishbloc.com, and the crag database here on UKC. 

Both venues have a nice collection of problems across the low-mid grades. On a still day Scatwell could be getting a bit midgy at this time of year but Gold Dance catches more of a breeze.

There's also a scattering of new things around that area of Strathconon, on my Instagram as linked by Rob, but for a first time visitor I'd go for the venues I mentioned.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...