UKC

Peak Gritstone Rockfax Guidebook Launch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 14 Dec 2001
There will be a launch for the book at Rock n Run in Sheff this afternoon 2 till 6 if anyone fancies going (and buying a copy!)

i'll be there, please say hello if you're from RT

ta for the invite AJ - i love society dos
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks Jude. I was just about to post the same thing. Should we put drinks on?

Alan
Removed User 14 Dec 2001
In reply to Alan James, ROCKFAX:

only if its bollie sweedie

of COURSE you should put drinks on Al! you'll need about 10 bottles of red and 10 bottles of white. the white should go in the fridge in that little kitchen area round the back first. last night at this private film screening (see old bands thread) they had this amount and it ran out in 10 minutes. mainly cause me and john had it all hur hur (only kidding)

and nibbles. a few bowls of nuts and crisps. do you want me to wear my chambermaid outfit?
Removed User 14 Dec 2001
In reply to Alan James, ROCKFAX: ps it will be great to meet you at last! i'd better make a name badge so you know who i am

I think I'll know.
sarah p 14 Dec 2001
So is the guide now on sale in all good climbing stores then, or does one have to acquire a copy in Sheffield?
 Horse 14 Dec 2001
In reply to sarah p:

Why bother with shops, get over to the RockFax site and order it on line. I assume that my copy is now in the post.
Graham 14 Dec 2001

Have you posted mine to me yet?

I can't keep fighting the children off the post every morning like a loon.

G
Ben Tye 14 Dec 2001

See you there... after 4:00'ish.

If anyone else is around, you won't recognise me 'cos the photo in my profile has disapeared, but I'll be probably be clutching a large bag of records.

B
 Al Evans 14 Dec 2001
In reply to Removed User: Drat, I wont be in Sheffield until about 7.00 at the earliest, I've already ordered my copy Alan. I think you are right about spotting JCT, I recognised her when she got out of the car at Cratcliffe Tor despite the fact that I was on the top of the crag at the time!
jon 14 Dec 2001
In reply to Al Evans:

So you had plenty of time to hide then?
Removed User 14 Dec 2001
In reply to jon: he fainted

benjy, cant you make it any earlier? ill have to leave at 3pm. if not, pop in for a cuppa on your way home.

ditto to al - hopefully see you this weekend!

Horse 14 Dec 2001

What are the plans for this weekend? I will be in the Peak with some mates on Sunday it would be good to meet up with you, Mart, Al etc.
In reply to Horse:

Half the mail order copies were sent out yesterday and the other half have gone today. We are now at the mercy of the postal system but they do seem to be more reliable with parcels.

Cordee received there copies a few days ago so shops outside the Sheffield area should have them soon enough. Although owing to a cock up by Cordee (they didn't believe we would actually make the printing date we predicted) the book was missed off the December Cordee newsletter. So you may need to prompt your local shop keeper to get a stock in.

Alan
 Horse 14 Dec 2001

Thanks for the update Al, Lets hope the PO are as efficient as RockFax hope the launch goes well this pm.
Chauvi 14 Dec 2001
Personally I'm a bit pissed off at not being able to come along tonight. 2 weeks ago, I ordered my copy which is arriving by post in 3 days time and made other plans for tonight. Subsequently the arrangements for tonights "launch" and booksigning are announced. If tonights "do" had been announced in advance I could have got my copy today and signed as well! Annoyed.

(If my copy does arrive by Tuesday(?) I'll take it to the signing at The Edge).
 Michael Ryan 14 Dec 2001

> ta for the invite AJ - i love society dos

I know. That's why I mentioned to Al on the phone that you should be invited.

cheers,

Mick R

Michael Ryan 14 Dec 2001
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:

I said Al. Woops - sorry Niff.

Mick
Removed User 14 Dec 2001
well ive finally met alan james and he is lovely! much cuter than in his photos girls and it was an unexpected pleasure to meet nick too, who's revamped the forum for everyone. the new guidebook is excellentay, congrats to chris craggs and alan.

a thoroughly nice hour spent yakking over a chilled glass of chardonnay (or two thanks

ps im not allowed to repeat what was said even though i was taking copious journalistic notes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...