UKC

new bouldering room-bear rock warwick university

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mike g smith 09 Jun 2004
the new bouldering room will open today(wed june 9th)
built by bendcrete and described by steve mcclure as"best use of space i have seen from any bouldering venue" and"provides a fantastic range of problems"- he should know as he set lots of them along with mark pretty,rob murfin and alex fry!
the old bouldering wall will still be available until demolished in late june and replaced by a new lead /top rope section.
The Gnome With No Home 09 Jun 2004
In reply to mike g smith:

This is good news, Warwick was already a fine but petite wall and any extra space is welcome.

Where, in relation to the old wall will the new bouldering wall be??
samm 09 Jun 2004
In reply to mike g smith: good news , have been watching progress can't wait until tonite to have a go. Hope it will not be as hot as the main room gets ??
 Dominion 09 Jun 2004
In reply to The Gnome With No Home:

> Where, in relation to the old wall will the new bouldering wall be??

If you turn right at the bottom of the long corridor from reception, instead of left, go through one corridor door, it is immediately to your left....

and wear your shades, it has a very yellow motif.... ||-)
The Gnome With No Home 09 Jun 2004
In reply to Dominion:

Thanks, only get down that way occasinally but will make a point of trying it out.

Nice smiley by the way.

Dominion 09 Jun 2004

It's me wearing shades ||-)

I had a peep inside the new room on Sunday and a word with Alex, and at that point the mats for the floor hadn't arrived, and he had no idea when they were to arrive, but the rest of the room looked completely finished and tidied up - so I'd guess they have arrived now... going tonight, will have another peek
mike g smith 09 Jun 2004
> (In reply to mike g smith)
>
> This is good news, Warwick was already a fine but petite wall and any extra space is welcome.
>
> Where, in relation to the old wall will the new bouldering wall be??

thanks for the favourable comments-with nearly 100 problems the new room should add a lot to our facility!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...