UKC

Looks like Ratho will stay open

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
phraze 26 Jul 2004
In reply to graeme jackson: good
it is a great place...just with they'd hurry up and open the spa so that i can live it up after climbing or gyming!
 Simon Caldwell 04 Aug 2004
In reply to graeme jackson:
"A spokesman for receivers Deloitte confirmed that an announcement will be made "within seven days" that the centre’s future had been secured"

9 days and counting...
Mark Lydon 04 Aug 2004
How about this then !

Just checked my bank statement and my August direct debit for Ratho has changed name to "Dowansbrae Ltd".

I check with the Companies House website which shows them as a non-trading plc, based in Edinburgh, formally known as "Heat Containment Industries Ltd" and "Tayside Bottling Co Ltd".

A search on Google didn't throw up anything except for mention of an investment company called "Dowansbrae Holdings Ltd" but no website or anything.

Hopefully we'll hear more in a day or two.

Mark
Dr U Idh 04 Aug 2004
In reply to Mark Lydon:

Likely a Contract Management company assigned by HBOS.
Removed User 04 Aug 2004
In reply to Mark Lydon:
> How about this then !
>
> Just checked my bank statement and my August direct debit for Ratho has changed name to "Dowansbrae Ltd".
>

I'd cancel the DD if I were you. I'd be afraid I'd get debited for £20 million.

I'll hold my breath re the future of the climbing wall until something definite is announced. Saving the centre and savimng the wall may not amount to the same thing.
 Andy S 04 Aug 2004
In reply to Removed User:
Just a smug post to say that I know exactly what's going on up there, but I'm not allowed to say.

And I'm not going to
 tony 05 Aug 2004
In reply to Removed User:
> I'll hold my breath re the future of the climbing wall until something definite is announced. Saving the centre and savimng the wall may not amount to the same thing.

The new owners have already cancelled a number of the features used for the kids entertainment in the summer. A wild stab in the dark makes me think the insurance costs for these activities outweigh the benefits and they've been axed as the first part of a cost-cutting exercise.
Dr U Idh 05 Aug 2004
In reply to tony:
Any idea if this affects the regular weekends kids clubs?
 tony 05 Aug 2004
In reply to Dr U Idh:

No idea, sorry.
Dr U Idh 06 Aug 2004
I was at the gym last night and all the car park / path lights were off when I left. A cost-saving exercise perhaps? Or a way of hiding the pot-holes?
In reply to Dr U Idh: I was at the wall last night and the car park lights were also off when I left but that was because it was only 8pm and still light. Have you noticed how much rubble is starting to pile up on the canal towpath next to the new bridge where people are climbing the bank with their bikes? It won't be long before the waterways folk start to complain. Me, i use the dinky little steps a bit further along.
Dr U Idh 06 Aug 2004
In reply to graeme jackson:

Hi Graeme - it was 22:15 when I left and bl**dy dark!
 Martin W 06 Aug 2004
In reply to Dr U Idh: imho those car park lights are bl--dy useless even when they are switched on.
 Jack Frost 07 Aug 2004

Whilst walking my dawg past the centre on Friday morning I watched a fat brown rat come running out of the bins above the car park. If you think the car park is bad you should see the state of things on the top level

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...