UKC

Help!! is there bouldering in Woolacombe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BennyBoy 30 Jul 2004
Has anyone any info on bouldering locations near Woolacombe
maybe there is a bouldering guide out or a supplement?

I have the Climber Club guide to North Devon and Cornwall but there doesn't seem to be much in there you could combat on you own.
bomb 31 Jul 2004
In reply to BennyBoy:

I'm afraid this is very vague but....

There is indeed bouldering in woolacombe bay, on the beach. I remember seeing a good reportinan issue of ote a good while ago, 18 months maybe? I suggest getting in touch with ote and getting a copy,
I went down with a view to going there but spent the whole time kayaking instead so cant offer anymore.
Hope this helps.

Or was it climber?... Sorry!!!
 SidH 31 Jul 2004
In reply to BennyBoy:
not sure but if youre in devon for bouldering, dartmoor is awesome (especially hound tor IMO)
OP BennyBoy 31 Jul 2004
In reply to bomb: The beach sounds like the best place to start! Thanks for the suggestions!
I'm sure I have some back issues of both climber and OTE so I'll check through those aswell. Thanks again.
OP BennyBoy 31 Jul 2004
In reply to SidH: Is there a village or small town close by that I could head towards as I can see myself searching round like lost sole looking for the areas??
Kyle Brown 03 Aug 2004
In reply to BennyBoy:

Check out http://www.javu.co.uk/Climbing/Guides/DartmoorBouldering/index.shtml Loads of detail on Dartmoor bouldering
 cornishben 03 Aug 2004
In reply to bomb: are you sure? i surf there quite a bit and can't remember ever seeing anything resembling bouldering?
Theres a small amount on the beach at mortehoe around the corner - get to it by walking down through the campsite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...