UKC

NEWS: 4th Ascent of Pilgrimage 8B+ by Jack Palmieri

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Nov 2017
Jack Palmieri has made the fourth ascent of Malcolm Smith's Pilgrimage? 8B+ at Parisella's Cave?, North Wales. Ben Moon famously fell off the very end when it was a project and Malcolm eventually made the first ascent back in 2004. Alex Barrows made the first repeat in 2011 and Mike Hart made the third ascent in July 2016. Jack opted for the original method used by Malcolm and later by Mike - no kneebars, just pure power.

Read more
 john arran 03 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Nice video - almost like it was sped up, he was climbing so fast. Quite impressive movement skills when he must know the moves so well.

I had to mute the sound though - not that the music was awful, although I wasn't overly impressed, but it felt like it was such a poor fit to the visuals that it was detracting from it rather than adding to it.
In reply to UKC News:

Wow John Gaskins love child...effort
In reply to UKC News:

Impressive stuff. Bouldering? Longer than many a route surely!
 Cusco 03 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome music. Really inspiring and links really well into a socio-psychological narrative.
 Cusco 03 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Bleeding eck. Even the Yankee dire metal on Masters of Stone was better music for a climbing video than this. Like JA I had to turn off the sound.

Whatever happened to the fantastic climbing film backing like Taboo Zizzi Taboo Zizzi 8b 8b? Or the 80s prog rock Floydian synths on Quarrryman? Beautiful Jonny. Beautiful.

Great effort on what looks like a beast of a problem though.
 zv 04 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic effort! Well done! A true classic master piece. I wonder what's next for him?
 scoobydougan 05 Nov 2017
In reply to Cusco:

Wasn't that Zapper on the Quarryman ?
 JackPalmieri 06 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Cheers everyone, sorry the music wasn't to everyones taste. I don't really try to find music that fits the climb, I just film it on my phone and put a song on it instead of the sound of the wind, high budget or overly thought out it is not.

As for what's next who knows...
 Derry 06 Nov 2017
In reply to JackPalmieri:

Personally I liked the music. Upbeat with emphasis, like your style of ascent. Anyway, let this subject not be about a soundtrack and more about the awesome climb. I wouldn't even be able to hang off that rest that long if I was fresh!
Tomtom 07 Nov 2017

Saw you in the cave about three weeks ago, the day you got there at 7am and we were still snoozing in the car. Your dedication pays off, and it's an inspiration. Good effort.
 thommi 07 Nov 2017
In reply to scoobydougan:

Sheik Yerbouti superb album!!!

Well done Jack, strength is the new trickery!
 awwritetroops 07 Nov 2017

What's the track?
 scoobydougan 08 Nov 2017
In reply to awwritetroops:

Yo Mama

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...