UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: 50 Years On - Cruel Sister (E3 5c)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Nov 2022

This week's Friday Night Video is a third video from 'Angry Pensioner' Rob Matheson as he's joined by his son Craig, Neil Gresham, and Adrian Nelhams at Pavey Ark. Rob attempts to climb Cruel Sister (E3 5c) exactly 50 years after his first ascent, sharing his thoughts, opinions, and memories on a perfect Lakeland day.

Read more

Sean Kelly 04 Nov 2022
In reply to UKC News:

That's Friday night tv sorted. I always enjoy there vids, with the banter and so on. Even when a little trepidation creeps in. I really relate to their style of climbing. And when a friend has just returned from another bolt clipping session on Kalymos, where's the excitement and true thrills.

Tom the tall 04 Nov 2022
In reply to UKC News: another lovely film, thanks!

Greenbanks 04 Nov 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent stuff. Just the sort of Friday night viewing that’s required in November!

In reply to UKC News:

another cracker, keep them coming

In reply to UKC News:

Have I missed an item on his incredibly impressive ascent at Nesscliffe this year? If an item hasn't appeared an is not in the pipeline I feel I want to start a thread.

alan moore 05 Nov 2022
In reply to mountain.martin:

> Have I missed an item on his incredibly impressive ascent at Nesscliffe this year? 

I thought the same! Guess it's just an 'easy' E7.

Pavey film is brilliant though.

Michael Hood 05 Nov 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Ring Ouzel calling at 22:00 😁

The only bit I would find frustrating is if I was using these videos for beta. Rob climbs everything so smoothly that you just can't tell which moves are hard and which easy. But they are lovely videos and give all of us more mature climbers hope for the future.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...