UKC

THE LOWDOWN: 5th 8c+ onsight by Ondra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Adam Ondra onsighting Mind Control, 3 kbAdam Ondra has onsighted Chris Sharma's Mind control, 8c+, at the home of the big rigs, Oliana, in Catalunya. As far as I know, this was the 6th ascent of the route.
Things didn't begin so well though as the weather was bad and the whole crag was soaking wet. After working the upper part Chris...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=61118
fingermind 22 Mar 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Chilam Balam is waiting...
 Ben Thorne 22 Mar 2011
In reply to fingermind:

I'm surprised this hasn't been trolled by a load of "yeah but other people have climbed 8c+" and "yeah but 8c+ isn't hard compared to blah blah blah" comments yet.

Good on the lad, he's operating at a frankly super-human level and seemingly enjoying it, which is all that matters.

Wish I could onsight 6b+, let alone dream of anything with an 8 in it.
 Dan_Carroll 22 Mar 2011
In reply to fingermind:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC)
>
> Chilam Balam is waiting...

Has he spoken at all about wanting to try it then? would be very interesting to see what he thinks of it.
 Quarryboy 22 Mar 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:
I bet within a year Ondra will have destroyed everything in the world of sport climbing that is currently considered cutting edge.
 GrahamD 22 Mar 2011
In reply to Quarryboy:

The weather in the UK might defeat him
fingermind 22 Mar 2011
In reply to Dan_Carroll:

He said he is gona give the thing a couple of tries in april...
 andyb211 22 Mar 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: isn't it about time he discovered drink, drugs and loose women to give everyone else a chance!!
 JJL 22 Mar 2011
In reply to andyb211:

Forget those - someone needs to give the lad a square meal once in a while.
rtwilli4 23 Mar 2011
In reply to JJL:

I thought he looked bigger in this picture that he has in the past. Remember Sharma was a skinny little kid too. Ondra will get bigger as he gains more power and grows up a bit. He's only like 20 years old. He'll be crushing everything in a few years and then moving on to putting up his own 9b's.

I'd like to see him try Jumbo Love at Clark.

I'd also like to see him trad climb. He has showed interest in the past but he has also said that he wanted to focus on sport. I guess we'll see.
briantreanor 23 Mar 2011
Aren't one of you lot supposed to ask what he's done on grit?

Pretty damn incredible. It'll be interesting to see where he takes things.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...