UKC

NEWS: 8b+ and more for Ethan Walker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Jun 2013
Ethan Walker on Sworn Enemy, 8a, Dovedale., 4 kbEthan Walker has just had a very good couple of months, ticking many hard Peak limestone sport routes, including Zeke the Freak (8b) and Kneedless (8b+). In addition to this, Ethan has climbed up to 8a+ in the Frankenjura and a V11/8A grit boulder problem, River of...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68104
 Tyler 04 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News:

What routes does Kneedless link?
 Adam Lincoln 04 Jun 2013
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> What routes does Kneedless link?

Cave problem into Chimes
 UKB Shark 04 Jun 2013
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> What routes does Kneedless link?

Cave problem sit into Baby Chimes. Bob Hickish did it first last year.
 Tyler 04 Jun 2013
In reply to Adam Lincoln: and Shark:

Not sure which one Cave Problem is but I get the idea. I thought for a moment Mecca might have been renamed for eliminating knee bars.
 Action9 04 Jun 2013
In reply to Tyler:

Bob linked cave sit into chimes and gave it 8b. I think Ethan did it from a stand (correct me if im wrong) and upgraded it to 8b+. Haha some people have no shame
 abarro81 04 Jun 2013
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln) and Shark:
>
> I thought for a moment Mecca might have been renamed for eliminating knee bars.

The 'Kneedless' name was because my knee went snap, crackle and pop in the heel-toe on the boulder problem whilst a few of us were trying for the FA of the link

teddy 04 Jun 2013
In reply to Action9:

This was done by Ethan from a sit start
jim hughes 05 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News: "poor weather and almost injuring himself on the first day, as Ethan explained:"

I almost injured myself 243 times yesterday.

Hagalaz 05 Jun 2013
In reply to teddy: Are you sure? Fair enough if that's the case. Just an upgrade to bitch about in that case! And Rooster Booster getting a slash grade? We dont have slash grades in the Peak!
 Arms Cliff 05 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News: If boulder-route link ups at the tor are being reported now, Steve McClure is going to need a monthly 5 page special...
 Wft 05 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News: nice video, looking forward to more
 kristian Global Crag Moderator 05 Jun 2013
In reply to Hagalaz:
> And Rooster Booster getting a slash grade? We dont have slash grades in the Peak!

The only place this route was given 8a was on 8a.nu spray cards.
Unlike Ukc logbooks that are moderated the user can pick there own grade. Take Mecca, the route is duplicated 3 times with 2 grades and 2 slightly different names but still the same route.
The Green alternative covers 3 grades!
Anabolica the well known Siurana 8a is also now at the Tor!

I found it quite amusing recently that a route on Crunch Buttress "Perfecto" got upgraded by the user who then went on to describe it as "soft".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...