UKC

NEWS: 8b Trad Roof Crack Flash in Spain by Pete Whittaker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Oct 2022

Pete Whittaker has flashed La Fuerza de la Gravedad, an 8b trad roof crack in Vadiello, Spain.

Read more

remus Global Crag Moderator 26 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC News:

That's mega! This and Pete's ascent of Ronny Medelsvensson have got to be some of the hardest first go bits of trad climbing ever done (along with Megos' brief foray into trad with his casual flash of The Path).

In reply to remus:

> That's mega! This and Pete's ascent of Ronny Medelsvensson have got to be some of the hardest first go bits of trad climbing ever done (along with Megos' brief foray into trad with his casual flash of The Path).

I think we all hope Alex will return to trad climbing again someday 🤞

Michael Gordon 26 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Some nice footage there. Is there really a need for the commentary though since much of the info is in the report anyway?

In reply to Michael Gordon:

> Some nice footage there. Is there really a need for the commentary though since much of the info is in the report anyway?

Some people read the report, others watch the video. Whilst some may do both - the vast majority don't.

Michael Gordon 26 Oct 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> Whilst some may do both - the vast majority don't.

I'm surprised. If it looks like there could be good footage of an important ascent, I'm keen to see it! But I'd also read a news report for information/interest.

Post edited at 17:25
In reply to UKC News:

Well done Pete! Looks utterly incredible and as impressive as it gets! 

In reply to UKC News:

Has anyone been tempted to give it an E grade?

Strife 27 Oct 2022
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Pumpy 8b crack route, presumably well protected. Based purely on the rockfax conversion table, we can speculate it's somewhere in the E8 or E9 bracket.

(Sent from the comfort of my armchair)

Post edited at 12:23
In reply to Strife:

If E9 then would that make it one of the hardest trad flash ascents ever?

Post edited at 13:52
 deacondeacon 27 Oct 2022
In reply to Strife:

I'll grade it from the comfort of my armchair.

E8 7a

Hope that helps. 😅

Michael Gordon 27 Oct 2022
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

It surely has to be one of the hardest crack flash ascents (if not the hardest?) 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...