UKC

NEWS: 9a for Ryan Pasquil - Jungle Speed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Jan 2013
Ryan Pasquill attempting Evolution (F8c/+) at Raven Tor, prior to his successful redpoint., 4 kbBritish climber Ryan Pasquil is currently on a climbing trip to Spain, and it is reported on the DMM Website that he has quickly climbed Jungle Speed (9a) at Siurana.
Also reported is an 8a flash from Mina Leslie-Wujastyk:
"At the same time across the valley on Siuranella Centre Mina...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67774
 Luke Owens 29 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome! Nice one Pasquil!
In reply to Luke Owens:

Sweet, nice one Ryan and Mina!

It's a bit early in the day for the Euro-beats at the start of that video though... :oD
 Ed Booth 29 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC News: Good effort!!
 USBRIT 30 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC News: same old same old...maybe a video on someone has not done a bolted 8a or 9a would be more of interesting!
 biscuit 30 Jan 2013
In reply to USBRIT:

Maybe someone should appreciate how hard it is to flash 8a or redpoint 9a and congratulate them on that, or keep snide comments to themselves ?

Climbing is a broad church and many people enjoy many facets of it in different ways.

Get out there and make a vid of yourself doing your ground up style that you love but other people may not understand or appreciate in the way that you do. I wouldn't make a negative comment about that though.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that Jordan Buys was getting grief for a new E7 and E8.

Maybe you missed that or maybe you just like to post negative comments.

Before i forget, well done Ryan and Mina.
 edinburgh_man 30 Jan 2013
In reply to USBRIT:

Amazing effort Ryan and Mina.

Paul, I think your being harsh considering the amount of effort and commitment it takes to climb at this level - less negativity.
 USBRIT 14 Feb 2013
In reply to 7bforever: Sorry if my comment upset ...Just ment that these days this type of news seemed to be a daily occurrence by every tom dick and harry from 11 year old's upwards.Agree it takes a lot of physical effort much more than my generation would have put in for a single pitch.Times have changed.
 Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013
In reply to biscuit:

Brilliant effort from Ryan and Mina

But Paul Ross can say what he likes cause he is a proper Lakes Legend!!!

Woody
 snoop6060 14 Feb 2013
In reply to USBRIT:
> (In reply to 7bforever) Sorry if my comment upset ...Just ment that these days this type of news seemed to be a daily occurrence by every tom dick and harry from 11 year old's upwards.Agree it takes a lot of physical effort much more than my generation would have put in for a single pitch.Times have changed.

No it's not. How many brits have actually climbed 9a! 7 maybe?

Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013
In reply to snoop6060:

put a profile together and I'll judge if your worthy of disagreeing with Paul!

Woody
 Enty 14 Feb 2013
In reply to USBRIT:

Thing is Paul - Ryan is bold too so why knock him? He does the lot. And as for his mate Caff......

E
 Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Enty:

Caffs only good because he was brought up on the same water as Paul. That's a fact.

Woody
 doylo 14 Feb 2013
In reply to USBRIT:

A Brit climbing 9a in 3 days is big news.
 biscuit 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Stuart Wood:

Nothing to do with the fact that he was brought up in a climbing area, in a climbing family with a network of mates like Hock, Wes, Norbury, Greenbanks, Russ et al who were all psyched climbers and has chosen to make it his career and then worked his arse off and made lots of sacrifices to get to his level - such as moving to Wales :0) ?

And the 'you can only have an opinion if you climb hard' argument doesn't stand on this one.In this case it comes across as someone who doesn't like sport climbing ( obviously fine ) but feels the need to be negative towards those who choose to do it ( not fine ). Picking Ryan P as a target is about as off the mark as you can get.
 Andy Farnell 14 Feb 2013
In reply to snoop6060:
> (In reply to USBRIT)
> [...]
>
> No it's not. How many brits have actually climbed 9a! 7 maybe?

Ste Mac
Caff
Ry
Malcy
Dave Mc
Haston
Carson
Gaskins
Dunne?
Smitton (if you include the staminaband/PUTP link)

Anyone else?

Andy F

P.s. nice one Ry.

john arran 14 Feb 2013
In reply to andy farnell:

Tom Bolger?
 turtlespit 14 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News: There was a news piece about Adam Ondra thinking that Hubble (8c+) should be 9a, which would add Ben Moon to the list.
 Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013
In reply to biscuit:

You crack me up..... you daft sod.

Woody
 abarro81 14 Feb 2013

> Ste Mac
> Caff
> Ry
> Malcy
> Dave Mc
> Haston
> Carson
> Gaskins
Bolger
Pearson
 chalkyjim 14 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Not interested in the bull.

Well done Ryan. Good skills
 Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013

I'd put my question mark a name up

Woody
 Andy Farnell 14 Feb 2013
In reply to abarro81:
> (In reply to andy farnell)
>
> [...]
> Bolger
> Pearson

Add Watson to the list.

Andy F
 Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013

Si O Connor and Richard Simpson

Woody
 Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013

I've actually spoke to Si O Connor and he onsighted 9a back in 1998, so I think Paul is right.

Woody
 Enty 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Stuart Wood:
> (In reply to andy farnell)
>
> Si O Connor and Richard Simpson
>
> Woody

F*ckin like ^^^

E
 efrance24234 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Stuart Wood: PUNTER FILTER! ALERT ALERT! Woody you havent climbed 9a so you cant comment on this thread any more. Sorry rules are rules.
 Enty 14 Feb 2013
In reply to efrance24234:
> (In reply to Stuart Wood) PUNTER FILTER! ALERT ALERT! Woody you havent climbed 9a so you cant comment on this thread any more. Sorry rules are rules.

Yeah f*ck off Woody - what do you know??

E
 Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Enty:

Fook off, not put it on my profile, but when Si onsighted his first 9a I got it on my second redpoint. Didn't want to show off lads!

Woody
 Stuart Wood 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Enty:

If you don't believe me Rich Simpson took some pics

Woody
 SARS 15 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Good effort by a brit.

Shame the thread descended so quickly into a turgid pile because of a couple of posters.
 ericinbristol 15 Feb 2013
In reply to USBRIT:

Get a grip. A quick 9a is still an amazing achievement and bodes well for an even higher grade.
 snoop6060 15 Feb 2013

7 wasn't a bad guess I suppose. Especially if you remove people who belayed themselves.
 snoop6060 15 Feb 2013
In reply to turtlespit:
> (In reply to UKC News) There was a news piece about Adam Ondra thinking that Hubble (8c+) should be 9a, which would add Ben Moon to the list.

He didn't do it tho, so he doesn't get a say. Dem da rules.

To be fair, didn't he have like 2 hrs on it at 4am before his flight having spent a week completely destroying Malham. Not exactly ideal, though I would still have bet on him doing it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...