UKC

NEWS: A Big Weekend in Sheffield - ShAFF and CWIF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Mar 2012
Michele Caminati in the qualifiers in 2011, 4 kbThere is a feast of climbing coming to Sheffield next weekend with the Sheffield Adventure Film Festival (ShAFF) and the Climbing Works International Festival (CWIF) taking place.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=66947
In reply to UKC News: Rumour has it that anyone who donates a minimum of £1 to this years charities (Edale MRT and Macmillan Cancer Support) will get a free pint of Moonshine*, courtsey of the Broadfiled and Abbeydale Brewery.

*only during and after the BBQ. And of course not for U18's
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

I discovered on Saturday that Moonshine is quite possible the nicest beer I've ever tasted.
 MattH 06 Mar 2012
In reply to Richard Alderton:

Ah, but you haven't yet tried ShAFF's special 'White Knuckle' beer from Buxton Real Ale Co
In reply to UKC News: Deception from abbeydale brewery is equally nice.
In reply to MattH: Sounds lovely Matt, is it draft or bottled? If it's bottled drop a bottle off for me

Absolution or it's very close realtive Pale Rider are the best ales on earth but are both a tad strong (5.4 ABV I think) for early evening drinking but Moonshine (and Easy Rider) are less strong (about 4.2 ABV I think).

The CWIF/SHAFF weekend is looking pretty good
 MattH 06 Mar 2012

It's both! I will drop you a bottle off. We pondered other names for it. Other contenders were:

The Wheat and the ShAFF and ShALE
 Simon 08 Mar 2012

How's the beer Aldo?

You going to make it over to ShAFF at all? Hopefully I will get over t'works if I can sneak off while Mr H isn't looking.

Si
 ERU 10 Mar 2012
Can you just turn up and buy tickets?
 Simon 10 Mar 2012
In reply to ERU:
> Can you just turn up and buy tickets?

Yep - not a problem - however we have a very high demand all weekend so you may have to pick & choose.

Cheers

Si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...