UKC

ARTICLE: A Family Photobomb: The Joys of Taking your Family Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 25 Jun 2020
The joys of taking your family climbing

Last Sunday's UKC Photo of the Week captured a frantic moment on a family day out climbing: Dad fits a climb in, but his two young daughters still manage to get in the frame. The shot struck a chord with our readers, so we got in touch with UKC user Mark Sharratt to find out the photo's backstory...

Read more
In reply to UKC Articles:

It certainly made my day when I saw it.

Our daughter is now 1 and we've had some hilarious days out bouldering with her over the past year. Can't quite imagine what it'd be like with a second thrown into the mix

Here's to many more days happy/chaotic/frustrating/hilarious days out together as a family. I wouldn't change it for the world...

webbo 25 Jun 2020
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Days at Brimham trying to pull hard with a back ground mantra of “ Dad can we go for a sausage roll he”

BruceM 26 Jun 2020

That photo probably appeals because it suggests that climbing isn't really very important in the grand scheme...

Dave Garnett 26 Jun 2020

Great picture that takes me back to many memories of extreme childcare.  I do remember our daughter, when she wasn't even walking, dressed up snug in an adorable but alarmingly frictionless Buffalo hooded onesie sliding towards the edge of Craig Caerfai...

Also great to see Mark on something I can actually do.

Post edited at 11:27
 Rick Graham 26 Jun 2020

Top tip.

Don't give a friend 1.5  to your seven year old son to practice placements .

Small hands can push  deep into cracks 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...