UKC

COMP ARTICLE: A Grand Day Out 3: The Apprentice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 17 Feb 2009
I'd met Andy back at the start of the summer of '08, after he'd been intrigued by one of my photos of a chimney in Crypt Route in Glencoe which he didn't recognise.

'We teamed up not long after this and thus began our shared love of exploring out of the way places, appreciating the beauty and solitude of the North Western Highlands of Scotland. How often I'd bemoaned the lack of climbing partners willing to go off the beaten track, sick was I of days beating the crowds into Sneachda or The Ben, so of course I lept at the chance to climb with a lover of adventure!'

SonyaD recounts, read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1648

THE LYON EQUIPMENT COMPETITION A Grand Day Out is another creative competition and a chance to express yourself and share your adventures. As usual there are great prizes to win.

Full details at: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1606
 SonyaD 17 Feb 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Oooooops! I forgot to add a title to my photo. Can you add it now please if poss?

It should be, Narrow Ridge, V6, Sgorr Ruadh
OP Michael Ryan 17 Feb 2009
In reply to SonyaD:

For goodness sake Sonya I'm packing for a trip, and a millions udder things.

Course I can. Done.

Mick
In reply to SonyaD: cool article lozenge!
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
> (In reply to SonyaD)
>
> For goodness sake Sonya I'm packing for a trip, and a millions udder things.
>
> Mick

like you won't dial in to check up on us!

Refresh your browser; if you are on a PC hit F5, option, shift, scratch your bum and pray to the Lord.

If you are on a Mac it hit command R.
 SonyaD 17 Feb 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Lucky for some! I'm eyeing up your lovely website when I should really be finishing a Psychology project (yawn)
In reply to SonyaD:

Enjoyed your article. Wish I had been here. Better than clipping bolts in Spain.

Hoping for another big freeze/snow.

One of the best things about my job is watching these accounts coming in, reading them, and then publishing them.

Thanks,

Mick
 SonyaD 17 Feb 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Thanks. Plenty winter yet left for sure though.

Was that press F5 message for me? It's not done anything, not sure what you mean by options and shift either (sorry but pc dumb)
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> One of the best things about my job is watching these accounts coming in, reading them, and then publishing them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mick

You lucky, lucky fella! Me vote this as the winner by the way!

Love you long time.

Grumps
 Jack Geldard 18 Feb 2009
In reply to SonyaD: Hi Sonya,

Loved the article. Really good.

Force refresh:

Basically doing that will 'force refresh' your page, and show up any new edits that Mick has made to the page.

In Internet explorer: Ctrl + F5
In Firefox: Shift + The Refresh Button

Google 'Force refresh' for more information.

I might do a FAQ on force refresh actually - not strictly climbing(!) but, we do use it a lot on the site.

Great article, sounds like a super route!

Jack

SonyaD 18 Feb 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Thanks.

I did the Ctrl+F5 *and* Shift and Refresh just to make sure and the photo no longer has Lyon Equipment underneath it, but it still doesn't have a title.
 Dr Caterpillar 18 Feb 2009
I like the hint of master/slave relationship in there!
 petestack 18 Feb 2009
In reply to Dr Caterpillar:

Aye, but who knows who's really in charge?

Nicely described, Sonya!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...