UKC

NEWS: Aidan Roberts Climbs New Font 8C at Trowbarrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Aug 2020
Aidan in the 'draining shouldery position'

Aidan Roberts has made the first ascent of a Font 8C on the Shelter Stone at Trowbarrow, naming it Outliers. This is Aidan's second of the grade – he made the first ascent of Railway in Rocky Mountain Park in 2019 for which he suggested 8C.

Read more
 munro 28 Aug 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome from Aidan - such a crusher! 

Is 'Atrocity exhibition' considered to be a legit problem?

flaneur 28 Aug 2020
In reply to munro:

> Is 'Atrocity exhibition' considered to be a legit problem?

The superb name of this problem tells you all you need to know about the plausibility of Atrocity Exhibition. 

Up there with The Boss as most significant ascent of 2020 in the UK  

remus Global Crag Moderator 28 Aug 2020
In reply to munro:

> Is 'Atrocity exhibition' considered to be a legit problem?

"Yeah In theory Atrocity exhibition is somewhere above this, but I don’t need to go out on a limb to say that bit of wall is impossible at 8A, and improbable full stop."

from Jack Palmeri on UKB. He's pretty handy, sounds like it's definitely not a problem.

In reply to UKC News:

Well done Aidan 

john arran 28 Aug 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Surely can't be many times that someone has climbed 3 or more different problems of 8B or harder on the same day?

Or am I out of touch and this is common nowadays?

peterp 28 Aug 2020
In reply to john arran:

I assumed that the other two were "just" repeats otherwise, yes, climbing two new 8c and an 8b in a day does seem incredibly impressive! But my finger is firmly away from the pulse... 

john arran 29 Aug 2020
In reply to peterp:

> I assumed that the other two were "just" repeats otherwise, yes, climbing two new 8c and an 8b in a day does seem incredibly impressive! But my finger is firmly away from the pulse... 

I assumed that too but I still think that even repeating 3 such routes in the same day must be pretty unusual. Can anyone name another UK boulderer who's done that?

In reply to john arran: Ned Feehally has had similar days, but not directly comparable. In Rocklands, he climbed 3 8Bs and 2 8As in a day - all new to him: https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/2015/08/ned_feehallys_rocklands_ticklist_8_...

In Font, he’s climbed an 8C and an 8B+ in a day: https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/2015/02/8c_and_8b+_in_a_day_for_ned_feehall...

john arran 29 Aug 2020
In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

Thank you Nick. Just mega-wads then

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...