UKC

VIDEO: Alex Megos Climbs Bibliographie - f9c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 Nov 2020

Alex Megos on Bibliographie

Back in August 2020, news spread around the world that Alex Megos had climbed his hardest route yet. He had spent 60 days working the project at Céüse, a considerable amount more than he needed for Perfecto Mundo (9b+) at Margalef. Eventually, Alex confirmed the grade at 9c, the second route in the world to have that grade attached. 

Watch the short film documenting Alex's ascent here.

Read more

GrahamD 17 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Enjoyed this, thanks.

The Pylon King 17 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Doesnt look like a boulder problem to me.

Mr. Lee 17 Nov 2020
In reply to The Pylon King:

9c Font style is impressive! 

Mr Lopez 17 Nov 2020
In reply to The Pylon King:

The mats are just out of frame

kermit_uk 18 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC News:

I enjoyed this but as it was a film purely about 1 single route i was a bit disappointed the final ascent skipped out the first section completely. Seemed an odd choice, assume they didn't have footage but then if he was setting off from the ground why not film it all?

And no I'm not questioning whether it was legit just a shame in my opinion.

Michael Hood 18 Nov 2020
In reply to kermit_uk:

IIRC there was something about it being a "last" attempt where he didn't expect to manage it but everything just happened to fit together. So maybe nobody thought it worth filming until he got far enough to realise that this might be the one.

GrahamD 18 Nov 2020
In reply to kermit_uk:

It must be difficult to arrange enough people with cameras to be there for every attempt.  It's not big budget stuff, really.

Dave Garnett 18 Nov 2020
In reply to kermit_uk:

> I enjoyed this but as it was a film purely about 1 single route i was a bit disappointed the final ascent skipped out the first section completely. Seemed an odd choice, assume they didn't have footage but then if he was setting off from the ground why not film it all?

Yes, inconsiderate of him not to let them know that this was going to be the time he got to the top!

Michael Gordon 18 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Great film.

In reply to UKC News:

Good film, sounded almost like he had a football crowd watching him from the volume of "allez" being shouted.

HansStuttgart 18 Nov 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

> It must be difficult to arrange enough people with cameras to be there for every attempt.  It's not big budget stuff, really.

I think I read once an interview where it was pointed out that the group was kept much smaller than usual because of corona.

moberg 18 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC News:

It would be interesting to know if Alex did any specific training to get up Bibliographie, and if he felt stronger in any area on his final trip than on previous visits. In the film the focus is more on perfecting the beta. 

dwright 24 Nov 2020
In reply to moberg:

Yeh definetly, filming quality just wasn't there either. Nothing like AO's 9c film!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...