UKC

NEWS: Alex Megos does The wheel of life, ~8C/9a+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Jul 2013
Alexander Megos on The wheel of life, ~8C/9a+, 3 kbAlexander Megos, currently on a two month trip to Australia, has made a lightning quick repeat of Dai Koyamada's ~65 move monster The Wheel of Life, ~8C/9a+, in the Hollow Mountain Cave, Grampians.
Alexander needed only two sessions to make the repeat, and considering the many moves, that is...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68194
 biscuit 09 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Sheeeite that's impressive.

But was it the original finish or the direct ;-P

Dennis999 09 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Believe the original is 8c and direct is 8c+ so he did the original route. In case anyone is confused, the 9a+ is the grade Dave Graham gave it as he reckoned it couldn't be compared to normal boulder routes and should have a sport grade.
 Fraser 09 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

The guy's a beast!
 Calder 09 Jul 2013
In reply to Dennis999:

I think it's about time Mr UKC started using f and F to represent font and sport grades in its headlines.
 Mark Riley 09 Jul 2013
In reply to Calder:
> (In reply to Dennis999)
>
> I think it's about time Mr UKC started using f and F to represent font and sport grades in its headlines.

Or maybe UKC could use capitals to represent blocs...
 Calder 09 Jul 2013
In reply to Mark Riley:

Ah, so that's how it works. I honestly didn't know that... or have ever even spotted it. Hey ho, you learn something every day etc. and so on...
 turtlespit 10 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: There's been arguments over the grade for a while with Ben Cossey giving it 8B+ (V14) after he climbed it (see this 8a.nu thread - http://www.8a.nu/forum/ViewForumThread.aspx?ObjectId=20414&ObjectClass=... ) and the whole debate of boulder vs sport grades.

Grades aside, it is an amazing line, and such a quick repeat is mind boggling.
 aln 10 Jul 2013
In reply to Mark Riley: Stop being sensible and go back to 6music.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...