UKC

NEWS: Alex Puccio wins the Tierra Boulder Battle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 15 Apr 2013
Alex Puccio grabbing the custom made finishing hold in the Tierra Boulder Battle 2013, 3 kbWinner of the Tierra Boulder Battle in Stockholm, Sweden, this year was, for the second time and as always when it comes to after work competitions, Alex Puccio, USA.
In an almost vulgar display of power, Alex managed to climb all the six problems in her first try of the day and is still unbeaten...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67989
 Durbs 15 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Thus spoiling the competition for anyone wanting to watch it later on 247.tv who'd been trying to avoid the results.
In reply to Durbs: You mean we should have kept the result a secret?
 Durbs 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Just not the header of the thread... I can avoid the news thread, but the subject of the post was hard to miss
In reply to Durbs: True that. Well, no use changing the header now, is there?
 Durbs 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Well, there might be others...

But anyway - top work Pooch
 psychomansam 15 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC News:

So a news article on UKC mentions the no. 1 and 2 finishers, but doesn't think to mention Mina, a GB climber, getting 3rd?
 lemonparty 15 Apr 2013
In reply to psychomansam:

Why should it? I suppose you're the sort who bums sportspeople for the sole reason that they're British, and of course all British people are amazing aren't they?
 Jonny2vests 15 Apr 2013
In reply to lemonparty:
> (In reply to psychomansam)
>
> Why should it? I suppose you're the sort who bums sportspeople for the sole reason that they're British, and of course all British people are amazing aren't they?

Surely news about Brits on a Brit forum is an entirely reasonable request?
 Rock Badger 15 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Liking the tape girl outfit
 mhawk 16 Apr 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests: I like to think of Alex Puccio as an honorary brit anyway.
 Jonny2vests 16 Apr 2013
In reply to mhawk:
> (In reply to Jonny2vests) I like to think of Alex Puccio as an honorary brit anyway.

Indeed.
 lemonparty 16 Apr 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:

I doubt she likes to be thought of as an honorary Brit though.
 Jonny2vests 17 Apr 2013
In reply to lemonparty:
> (In reply to Jonny2vests)
>
> I doubt she likes to be thought of as an honorary Brit though.

As it happens, she's an honorary member of the People's Republic of South Yorkshire and proud of it. Ever lived in Sheffield?
 lemonparty 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:

No, and I seriously don't believe that anyone could be proud to be a member of such a s hithole.
 Puppythedog 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Alyson: Quite. my assumption is someone complained about the crushes but no-one complains about this sort of thing. My point is not that I would complain about theses sorts of comments but that there was nothing wrong with the other thread.
 mhawk 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Alyson: I wan't too bothered by it until I realized the poster is 38 and not 14! Re Sheffield being an undesirable place to live, can't think of many places I'd rather moved to, it seems to have a nice vibe.
 deepsoup 17 Apr 2013
In reply to mhawk:
> it seems to have a nice vibe.

Indeed it does. And perhaps more to the point, there's probably no better place in the UK for a strong boulderer to live (sometimes) and train. You can't beat the friendly rivalry of your peers for motivation, and peers for a boulderer of Alex Puccio's ability are pretty thin on the ground most places.

Not so in Sheffield, where the Works is full of outrageously strong women* and the comment "You climb like a girl!" directed to a male climber is high praise indeed.

I've no idea whether Ms Pooch is proud to be a kinda sorta honourary brit, or a part-time part of the Sheffield scene, but the chalky-handed people of Sheffield are definitely proud of her.

* - Ah but what have any of them ever done on the grit, eh?
 Jonny2vests 17 Apr 2013
In reply to lemonparty:
> (In reply to Jonny2vests)
>
> No, and I seriously don't believe that anyone could be proud to be a member of such a s hithole.

What an unpleasant chap your turning out to be. I like it when people polarize themselves, makes picking people you like so much easier.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...