UKC

NEWS: Andi Turner Climbs Ramshaw Last Great Problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Dec 2013
Andi Turner on an attempt at one of Ramshaw's Last Great Problems: the Night of Lust prow direct., 3 kb

Andi Turner has just climbed the first ascent of one of the 'Last Great Problems' of Staffordshire gritstone, the prow directly below The Press at Ramshaw. Andi has been trying the line for the last 5 years, he has named it Reg and tentatively graded it E7 7a.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68568
 willackers 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Andy! That looks like an absolute belter of a line! Well done.
 Wft 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

well done Andi

robert mirfin 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News: Looks brilliant! and whats the point pounding your knee joints to bits lobbing onto pads repeatedly I quite like the thought of being able to walk and still climb when I'm an OAP. Try it on a shunt or top rope first, way more sensible in my opinion. Well done Andi

Ben_SteepEdge 06 Dec 2013
Nice one Andi. Reg immortalised on Staffs Grit. I can't think of a more fitting tribute.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I thought/assumed it might be the thin crack right of Ramshaw Crack - maybe that is the next Last Great Problem, or even the last Last Great Problem?

Chris
 Adam Long 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I have no memory of that conversation.

Effort Andi!
In reply to UKC News: What a leg-end! Firstly for naming the route after a very cool character, and secondly for describing himself as "an habitual drinker" rather than joining the current & ridiculous trend of describing people who climb E7+ as "athletes"...blargh. The next time I climb something difficult I will be shouting "I am Andi Turnip!"

Luke Owens 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Effort Andi!
In reply to UKC News:

>At the end of the day, I've still not climbed Charlie's Overhang,

What?!?

Good effort, anyway.

jcm
 Jordan B 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome line Andi!!!glad you got it done!
 peat 06 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News: Ah great job Andi!!!!!

Niall Grimes 07 Dec 2013
I don't even pity him.

Offwidth 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Niall Grimes:
This is not Twitter. I hear rumours he used his dog for aid and has secretly collected sponsorship to fund this gargantum effort from organisations who may be responsible for the death of kittens. Aside from that, it might be worth praise if enough VS leaders here agree. Plus its sure to be no harder than E5 6c as no one who can drink beer and be that big can climb that hard. I also think he climbed it out of condition and has ethical questions to answer.
Post edited at 12:15
 andi turner 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Offwidth:

Yes, you are right. I am sorry. Pity me

Adam, I couldn't make that up. I still love you though.
 Graham Hoey 08 Dec 2013
In reply to Offwidth:
>I also think he climbed it out of condition and has ethical questions to answer.

Was it him or the route that was out of condition?

Great effort.
Post edited at 08:46
 WJV0912 10 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I hate to break it to you guys but I climbed this line several years ago but kept it a secret. It's low end HVS imo.
 Offwidth 11 Dec 2013
In reply to WJV0912:

I remember watching a wonderful TV show called A Very Peculiar Practice, a black comedy based on a Uni campus GP, where a satirical poet gave up his job because reality exceeded his ability to invent stuff. Although fictiomal you just knew this rang true, even then before UKC and web forums.

On the other hand, you havent recently lost a kitten have you?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...