UKC

NEWSFLASH: Anna Taylor completes Classic Rock by Bike Tour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Sep 2021

Anna Taylor has become the first woman to complete a continuous round of all 83 routes that feature in 'Classic Rock', the iconic book by Ken Wilson. Carrying all of her kit with her, Anna cycled between each route, covering 1500 miles on the bike and climbing over 10,000 metres.

Read more

Garethza 30 Sep 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Epic! Well done!

Glyn 30 Sep 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Well done! What a fantastic challenge, that's very impressive! 

Bobling 30 Sep 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome effort!  Enjoy some creature comforts now : )

GrahamD 01 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

I'm not sure what's most impressive; the climbing or that bike ride ! Fantastic trip.

matt3210 01 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:outstanding, well done 

Southvillain 01 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Great effort (both climbing and cycling). Some of those wet gullys/chimneys just looked and sounded grim!

Iamgregp 01 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

An amazing achievement, even more so as the vast majority of ascents were solo (both rope and free).  She's not messing about this lass! 

rich.west 02 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent 

artif 02 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent.

Perhaps there should be an addition to the logbook for clean ascents i.e. no cars etc

tehmarks 02 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Outstanding achievement.

In reply to UKC News:

Very impressive. Tough and determined.

ebdon 02 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

It's made BBC! BBC

News - Windermere climber completes 83 ascents in two months
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-58774152

Surprisingly good reporting for somthing that probably seems quite mad to the non climbing community. Allthough now thinking about it is still a bit mad even within the climbing scene.

Misha 02 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

It’s almost surprising that no one has done this before. Hard Rock next? Perhaps with less soloing…

icehockeyhair 03 Oct 2021
In reply to Misha:

Not to take anything away from Anna's adventure, however, classic rock has been done before by bike in 1997 and 2018, see here:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/features/classic_rock_by_bike-11284

Also a nice interview with Oli here: https://www.johndburns.com/podcast/oli-warlaw-classic-rock-by-bike.

scope 03 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Did she cycle to Lundy?

Bulls Crack 03 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Outstanding.  Would Devils Slide be possible on a bike...a la Danny MacAskill? 

oliwarlow 04 Oct 2021
In reply to Misha:

Firstly massive congrats to Anna, huge achievement doing a large number of the climbs in some pretty terrifyingly bad conditions.

As noted above, Jamie Fisher was the first to do this back in 1997 and myself in 2018.  However we both did miss a route each (nesting birds), so really Anna is the first to get them all done, great effort!

cheers

Oli.

In reply to Bulls Crack:

I think the angle at the top would be too much, it's near vertical. The first 100 feet from the ground would probably be fine though.

GrahamD 04 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

I'd be intrigued to see where the bike route goes.  Does anyone know whether its on Strava ? Sounds like an epic all on its own.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...