UKC

NEWS: Another 9b by Ondra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Aug 2013
Ramon Julian Puigblanque powering through to 1st place at 2013 Briancon World Cup, 3 kbAdam Ondra has made the first ascent of a "very old project" in Hanshelleren, Flatanger.
I am not sure what "very old" means, but it's clearly not one of the potential 9b lines Adam bolted himself earlier this year, but one of the lines that was bolted years ago.
According to film maker Petr...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68263
 Mutl3y 05 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC News: well done Adam
 Fraser 05 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC News:

It's a real sign of the times when a guy climbs 9b and after 24 hours, there's only 1 comment. I suppose we've come to expect nothing less from Mr Ondra these days!
In reply to UKC News:

Errr .. is it me .... or was that the most confusing news post ??? so ... was it 9b or 9a+ ... and which line was it anyway .......

confused ... and not really arsed ....
In reply to Grinning Donkey:

Iron Curtain is the 9b. The 9a/+ was on another limestone crag, Hell.

Well done, Adam, great effort as always.
In reply to UKC News:

This post excerpt is pulling in the thumbnail from the Briancon WC article, for me at least. (Chrome 28, Mac.)
 Fraser 06 Aug 2013
In reply to stevemarkperry:

Same here, yet it magically links to the right article.
 JuneBob 06 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC News:
I have the same thing with the photo.

Hell is the major local crag to Trondheim, next to the airport. Flatanger is another 2.5hrs north.

On the positive side I'm happy to know that 'too hot' is an acceptable excuse at the moment in Norway after another fail on my 'project'.
In reply to JuneBob:

Photo now showing correctly
In reply to UKC News: Is it just me, or does Adam remind anyone else of Sid Vicious in that image?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...