UKC

ARTICLE: At Peace in Battle - Scottish Winter Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 28 Nov 2017
Abseiling down the West Central Buttress to the base of 'Shoot the Breeze'..., 4 kbAre you ready for the 2017 Scottish winter season? The turf is starting to freeze and our UKC Conditions Homepage is live. Here's an article by Tom Livingstone to whet your appetite for suffering...

Read more
 Ramon Marin 28 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

That was a great week up on Beinn Eighe, good team and great conditions, this article brings up amazing memories
 bensilvestre 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Ramon Marin:

A great week indeed, on the day these boys did STB, I remember seeing you and one of the Russel bro's on your way down to do Sundance (you were conplaining that the walk was harder than the climb I recall). We did Boggle which was fantastic, and then the following night climbed Supersleuth on Fuarr Tholl. One of the best days winter climbing I've had - we saw the northern lights, and walked back to the car without headtorches the moon was so bright. Magic.

Cheers! Yeah there's certainly some magic in Scottish winter. Let's hope this season is a good one!
 Misha 29 Nov 2017
Big Scottish winter and Alpine routes (or any Scottish winter routes in full on weather) always feel like a battle and are more about the suffering than the climbing. Why do we do it? That bloody rat keeps gnawing...
 Ramon Marin 30 Nov 2017
In reply to bensilvestre:

That's indeed the week, it was mega, specially for a newbie to the scottish winter like me. So much action packed. The first pitch of Boogle was a rude awakening. I have pic of you, pete and rocio climbing it in the dark. I definitely found walking in the crux of the day, the climbing seem to be the easy part, at least for me. Mind you, my second day ever winter climbing in Scotland was doing Sundance, so that walk was a total shock. But loved every bit of it.
 Adam Russell 03 Dec 2017

Class few days them!
Though I do believe the photo of the handsome chap on the Summit plateau of Ben Eighe is myself rather than Uisdean.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...