UKC

NEWS: Bat Man McClure On The Telly Tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 25 Sep 2007
Steve McClure, the man who hangs upside down by his feet from cliffs, will be on the telly tonight.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Ridge 25 Sep 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Hope it's better than your infamous radio interview about Rhapsody
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I read that as 'if you want a screensaver featuring Steve's head'

He's a nice lad but...
 seagull 25 Sep 2007
In reply to Richard Bradley:

They're desktops actually.

In reply to seagull: fairynuff
 Alastair Lee 26 Sep 2007
In reply to Richard Bradley:

Thanks to everyone that's been asking for the Psyche desktops, they seem to be going down well -

Quick reminder; please ensure you put your screen resolution in your request. (1024, 1400 etc)

Cheers!
 seagull 26 Sep 2007
In reply to Alastair Lee:

When is the film out? I don't know if I'm looking forward to it or not as I found the way Steve totally pissed Evolution in the clip rather depressing.

Alastair Lee 26 Sep 2007
In reply to seagull: Ha ha, yes this is a problem with the top Brit climbers, its so hard to tell when its hard! Just wouldn't be very British to shout and scream your way up a route a la Sharma.

It was interesting putting Steve back on his 9's, for example when we went back to Kilnsey to do Northern Lights the conditions were terrible and Steve could barely string more than a couple of moves together, so I got loads of falls which help emphasise the difficulty. I also encouraged him to be as vocal as he could so he's really puffing and panting on things like Rainshadow. Probably the most insightful piece is his new project at Kilnsey as he hasn't actually done it yet, unbelievable route and 'ard as...

Film out mid Oct..... if I can stay off the Internet, oopse
Tristan 26 Sep 2007

'ard as nails mate. The route at Kilnsey was what Five News were alluding to I guess. Stop writing on here and get editing!

Having seen the Steve McClure part of Psyche, I have to say that this will be a new bench mark though.

The footage looks AMAZING! :0)

Serpico 26 Sep 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
The making of, here:
http://news.five.tv/features_story.asp?id=757&fid=374
Anonymous 27 Sep 2007

Steve is a bloody good climber, and I really liked Set In Stone so I can't wait to see this one. Will it be available in the shops soon?
 Andy Farnell 27 Sep 2007
In reply to Tristan: I've also had the pleasure of seeing some of the Steve McClure footage and it is truely amazing. If the people who made the Matrix films applied their filming skills to a climbing DVD then you'd end up with Psyche.

This will blow all other climbing fims so far out of the wate they'll be in orbit around Pluto!

Andy F
Tristan 27 Sep 2007
In reply to andy farnell:

Hi Andy,

Yes I know. The point is that it is so good to know that in about a month, the rest of the world will see Al's film. I think that the boy has nailed it, and this will probably even outshine the American films such as First Ascent. The footage sat on my hard drive is the BEST CLIMBING FILM FOOTAGE EVER...

And just to make you guys even more wet,I'm going to watch it again... now...
 Andy Farnell 27 Sep 2007
In reply to Tristan: You are so right. Psyche will be as revolutionary as Stone Monkey was back in the day. Mark my words.

Andy F
 StuLade 27 Sep 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: is there anywhere to view the Channel 5 piece online? Nobody enterprising enough to video it by any chance?
Changabang 29 Sep 2007
In reply to andy farnell:

Sounds good. I'm really looking forward to this now. Is it that good?!!!
Anonymous 29 Sep 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: bump for the original batman CBBC 7am sun & Beeb4 tues 7.35pm where
'Batman is on the trail of Mr Freeze, a villain who uses his ice technology as a means of stealing the objects of his passion - the rarest, most valuable diamonds'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...