UKC

NEWS: Climbing DVD Releases for 2009

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 16 Sep 2009
[British Invasion, 10 kb]UKC Editor Jack Geldard takes a look at what is coming up in the world of climbing films for 2009.

With Posing Productions, Hotaches and Bamboo Chicken all knocking out DVD releases in the next month or two, there is a huge range of climbing to choose from.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=49280

doylo 16 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Liquid Ambar should be reported as hard 8c as graded by Jerry Moffatt, Ben Moon and Rich Simpson, i'm sure Pete will have a better idea of the grade when he's climbed more 8c/+s (prob won't be long!).
 Fraser 16 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Any word on when 'Tis the Season' is due out? I can't wait!
SteepMedia 16 Sep 2009
In reply to Fraser:

'Tis the Season' was purely an online release, and what you saw was the final film. Big Up do have another film out this year though, that was premiered just a few days ago, called 'Progression'.

Sender Films have been producing a TV Series for the Nat Geo Adventure Channel, called 'First Ascent', which they've been showing some episodes of, alongside Progression.

You can view the trailer for both the Big Up and Sender releases here:

http://www.bigupproductions.com/#/vidplayer/REEL_ROCK_09_Trailer/

These two production companies have really set a new level in climbing films. They're setting an ever-increasingly, ridiculously high standard, in both visual and story-telling terms. Really looking forward to watching these.

Looking forward to checking out all these films.

Dave

In reply to SteepMedia:

Progression and the First Ascent series both feature on the Reel Rock Tour which will be showing at The Climbing Works on 18th Oct. Progression is due out around that date so it's likely that this will be its UK premiere 'so to speak'

As steep media states, both BigUp and Sender have been pushing the envelope on climbing films so it should be good viewing.
In reply to UKC News:

What's the route that's at 1.02min on the Grit Flick trailer??
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 16 Sep 2009
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training:

I wondered that too, Tom.

The Bottom Line at Brimham, maybe?

Neil
 Alastair Lee 16 Sep 2009
In reply to Neil Foster: Correct, that's James McHaffie enjoying the desperate top out...
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 16 Sep 2009
In reply to Alastair Lee:

Amazing! I hereby claim my UKC anorak...

Neil
 Fraser 17 Sep 2009
In reply to Dave @ SteepMedia:

Aah, that explains it - bit disappointing,as the quality of the scenes was amazing and I was really looking forward to seeing the full thing. Thanks for the info on the rest of your post though - will check it all out.

F
 tony 17 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Looking forward to the HotAches offering with Kev Shields - he's a complete inspiration!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...