UKC

ARTICLE: Climbing Live - The Twitch Streamers Broadcasting Board Sessions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 04 May 2021

Having people pay to watch you climb in real-time may seem like a privilege afforded only to pro climbers, but on the popular Twitch platform, some amateur climbers are turning board sessions into simultaneous revenue- and live-streams. 

Read more

lex 04 May 2021
In reply to UKC Articles:

It's great that climbing exists in many different forms.

That means online streaming can continue while I pursue my passion of moving up rock or ice with my hands, feet, head and heart, with the elements on my back, and with good friends. 

I think online streaming will continue without me. 

hang_about 05 May 2021

How do the comments work? I see all those highly helpful comments on the left of the screen, but the climber won't be able to read them. Is that why the second person is there? To read out the advice of the masses? Is this a two way communication? I find it helpful to relay my innermost thoughts back to those giving unsolicited advice from the ground (this has caused some marital stress in the past).

Garethza 05 May 2021

Look forward to seeing what the wideboyz do with this, i can imagine some god awful crack problems and an audience egging them on ! 

In reply to hang_about:

They just walk over to the screen during rest periods, or yeah sometimes a partner can help relay the info/abuse!

Mark Collins 07 May 2021

The article was a bit long for me but fascinating none the less, thanks. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...