UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Dave MacLeod on Orion Face Direct, Ben Nevis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Jan 2022

This week's Friday Night Video is a stunning short from Dave MacLeod. For some time, Dave has wanted to solo the Orion Face Direct (V,5) on Ben Nevis, which he describes as 'the closest thing we have in Scotland to a big alpine north face.' Watch Dave's memorable morning on the Ben in perfect conditions:

Read more

John Alcock 07 Jan 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Lovely video. It brought back some memories. I soloed it more than 40 years ago in rather thinner conditions- the traverse out of the basin was coated in verglas and quite entertaining. Watching Dave's ascent reminded me how perfect Scottish climbing can be on the right day.

In reply to UKC News:

Absolutely superb; tremendously well shot. Few videos I've seen have conveyed the scale so well, or the beauty of the place in fine conditions.

Sean Kelly 08 Jan 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Yes, it really is a case of waiting for the right conditions. Lots if snow + freeze/thaw. Perhaps one day if I'm  lucky.

Tom Valentine 08 Jan 2022
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Yes, I think that even the most anti-drone climbers will have to concede that this is a marvellous example of the apparatus in use  (as was the Wreckers Slab video)

BuzyG 10 Jan 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Magnificent mountain, perfect conditions and not a bad climber either.  All together makes a great video. 

Much as I hate drones above my head, they capture such memories like nothing else can at the current time. Who was filming?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...