UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Did Irvine and Mallory Climb Everest? Archie Price Siddiqui Investigates

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Jul 2020
Archie Price Siddiqui at the MHT

Our Friday Night Video this week was conceived and written by the 12-year-old presenter of the film, Archie Price Siddiqui. The film explores the mystery of whether Sandy Irvine and George Mallory summitted Everest.

The short was made by Archie for a school project, who assembled an all-star cast and crew, including filmmaker Terry Abraham, Leo Houlding, Julie Summers (Author, Broadcaster & Historian) & Dave Hahn (US Mountain Guide, Journalist & lecturer) - not to mention input from the Mountain Heritage Trust, the BMC and the Alpine Club.

Read more
 AlanLittle 03 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Good effort Archie.

Messner doesn't believe they did: he expressed the same opinion as Houlding that the second step is too hard for Mallory & Irvine to have climbed it free at that altitude in the 1920s.

Post edited at 17:11
 bouldery bits 03 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

I really enjoyed that, Archie. Very well done! There were some very interesting opinions and evidence in your film.

Fab.

BB

tehmarks 04 Jul 2020
In reply to AlanLittle:

Wouldn't it be incredible if they had, though? In a way, I think it will be a massive shame if we ever find definitive proof that they didn't.

Max factor 04 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Great video Archie. Done like the pros.

Mick Ward 04 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

What a charming film!  Archie's narration was so lovely. Hard (well, impossible really) to argue with Leo Houlding's assessment but I suppose the romantic in all of us wants the possibility to continue to exist.

It seems as though Mallory and Irvine gave it all that anybody could possibly have given it and maybe, in the end, that's what matters most.

The film recently shown on here about a 1977 American failure on Latok shows that sometimes failure can be more impressive than success.

Mick

Removed User 05 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Impressive effort from the young man. (I realise you cannot post the date and time on here without getting at least one dislike, but really-who the hell was that? And more to the point, why?)

pneame 06 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Great stuff   Really nicely put together. 

colinakmc 06 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Well done, young man. Very mature treatment of a subject that’s still slightly controversial.

Really good aesthetic footage, too.

Removed User 06 Jul 2020
In reply to Removed Userena sharples:

QED

Ramon Marin 06 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Nice work Archie!

Charlie Boscoe 06 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant work, Archie! Loved that.

I'd love to think that they made it...

In reply to UKC News:

Grand work Archie, look forward to see you in a few years on TV 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...