UKC

NEWS: Dogs prompt Owner's Rescue on Braithwaite How

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 06 Dec 2021

The story of a remarkable mountain rescue operation triggered by two Labrador dogs has been doing the rounds in the mainstream news and on social media since the incident occurred on Braithwaite How in the Lake District in late October. 

Read more

Lankyman 06 Dec 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Seems like the black one did the clever stuff while the golden 'retriever' sat around.

PaulJepson 06 Dec 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

How do you know that golden boy wasn't delegating? 

Lankyman 06 Dec 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

> How do you know that golden boy wasn't delegating? 

You'll be telling me next it was administering first aid. And to my dislikers - for God's sake get a sense of humour!

PaulJepson 06 Dec 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Someone should always stay with the victim to administer medical attention and support. Golden boy knew that he was best suited to this role, and that the Black Lab was best suited to running off like an idiot. 

Lankyman 06 Dec 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

> Someone should always stay with the victim to administer medical attention and support. Golden boy knew that he was best suited to this role, and that the Black Lab was best suited to running off like an idiot. 

Golden boy was probably rifling his Master's pockets for bonios

The Pylon King 06 Dec 2021

Slow news day?

Pedro50 06 Dec 2021
In reply to The Pylon King:

> Slow news day?

A lovely news day.

toad 07 Dec 2021

In fairness this is how my retriever would behave, if I was lucky. I suspect that whilst my labx was busy going for help or performing cpr, the golden would have adoptepted the family picnicking 10 yards away without a word about my dying in a ditch behind them. He's very pretty, but a complete solipsist

Dr.S at work 07 Dec 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> Seems like the black one did the clever stuff while the golden 'retriever' sat around.

And what happened to Chocolate? Did they make the ultimate sacrifice?

Red Rover 07 Dec 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

With only two non-injured you want a runner and a stayer. The best team would be a lakeland foxhound to do the running and a huge st bernard to stay put and keep you warm.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...