UKC

VIDEO: Edu Marin - WoGü, 8c multi-pitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Oct 2016
Edu Marin on WoGü, 8c MP, Rätikon, Switzerland, 3 kbThis summer, Edu Marin made the 2nd free ascent, after Adam Ondra, of Beat Kammerlander's WoGü, at Rätikon in Switzerland.

With pitches of 8c, 7c+, 8b+/c, 8b, 8b+, 8a+, 7c+, it's one of the most difficult multi pitch routes in the Alps, and the World for that matter.

Read more
 aln 09 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Great wee video. Climbing it with his dad and that, I got a bit teary...
 stp 09 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Didn't think much of this vid. Seemed very shallow with no info about the route apart from the pitch grades, nothing about how they experienced it and the cheesy music seemed like a desperate attempt to make it dramatic when there was no real drama.
 jsmcfarland 09 Oct 2016
In reply to stp:

Have you seen the vid of Edu climbing Panaroma with his dad? The climbing is great but some of the cheesy BS and awful music is on a par with anything they churn out of the USA these days!
 Jon Stewart 09 Oct 2016
In reply to stp:

> Didn't think much of this vid. Seemed very shallow with no info about the route apart from the pitch grades, nothing about how they experienced it and the cheesy music seemed like a desperate attempt to make it dramatic when there was no real drama.

Good action footage, but that music really killed it* for me.

*I don't mean that the way young people use it, to mean that it did a great job - it didn't.
 Robert Durran 09 Oct 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Good action footage.

Could have been with out the annoying editing.
cb294 10 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I liked it. Yes the music was a bit shit, but at least they cut the obligatory philosophical bullshit rather short, and the climbing scenes gave you a rather good idea about what the pitches look like.

CB
Bogwalloper 10 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Glued on holds.

Wally

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...