UKC

NEWS: Emma Twyford onsights Pretty Girls Make Graves (E6)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Jul 2013
Emma on her onsight ascent of 'Pretty Girls Make Graves', E6 6b, 3 kbEmma Twyford recently made a very rare onsight of Pretty Girls Make Graves, E6 6b, on the Gravestones Wall of Cwm Glas Bach, in the Llanberis Pass. 

Emma has recently been on a trad mission, having previously focused on sport climbing and bouldering, she has recently been getting back into trad...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68216
 Blue Straggler 18 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Good work. Has Emma not previously onsighted E7 or is that in my muddled imagination? (NB I do realise that it is possible to climb 'grade x' before climbing 'grade x-1' )
 PTatts 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:
Headpointed Monopoly at Millstone but first E6 onsight I believe. Good work Emma.
 Mike_Hayes 18 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: Nice one Emma!
 stonemaster 18 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: the girl done good.
 Max factor 18 Jul 2013
In reply to stonemaster:
Interested to know what sport grade you are climbing Emma.

thx.
 Tom Briggs 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Max factor:

She has on-sighted F8a. Pretty Girls feels about 7b+ to lead, putting the gear in. It does feel a bit bold low down getting established in the crack
 Max factor 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Briggs:

Thanks, Just trying to work out what sport grades people commonly climb who are banging out E5 onsites.
 Carolyn 18 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Go Emma

Great effort.
 Tom Briggs 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Max factor:
> (In reply to Tom Briggs - Jagged Globe)
>
> Thanks, Just trying to work out what sport grades people commonly climb who are banging out E5 onsites.

Sorry, she 'flashed' Statement, not on-sight. Still, pretty much the most impressive 'flash' by a woman on British soil.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...