UKC

NEWS: Free Solo Oscar Statue to be Displayed on El Cap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Apr 2019
One of the Oscar statuettes awarded to the Free Solo team at the recent Academy Awards is to be temporarily placed at a key position on the crux pitch of Freerider, the Boulder Problem pitch (5.13a) to commemorate Alex Honnold's historic free solo ascent in June 2017.

Read more
 Dr.S at work 01 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Disgraceful Crag litter, I’m up there next week and will chop it if someone has not got to it first.

john arran 01 Apr 2019
In reply to Dr.S at work:

I agree. If people leave litter like this every time they make an Oscar-winning climbing film, soon you won't be able to see the mountains for gold.

Tom Valentine 01 Apr 2019
In reply to Dr.S at work:

I  think a small Goldsworthy cairn would be more in keeping and have a bit less bling about it

neilh 01 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

April fool?

ChrisBrooke 01 Apr 2019
In reply to neilh:

> April fool?

I don't know, seems legit to me.

Macca_7 01 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

4 out of 10 was going well until you tried to get stretch it to Stanage!

Mark Collins 01 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Just in time I remembered what day it is, phew!

Iamgregp 01 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Yeah had me going until the Stanage part.  Good try!

WaterMonkey 01 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Once again it's one rule for insanely talented Oscar winners and another for us

petethepeg 03 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Hope this is a joke! This is more like a shrine to man`s bull%*&t !What a farce and insult to this beautiful piece of rock,no longer the Big Chief but now reduced to a mere bitch with someone`s phallus (the Oscar)rammed down her proverbial throat.It`s all going the way of all flesh and turning into a circus,just like Everest et al!  Pure vanity!

Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

ashtond6 03 Apr 2019
In reply to petethepeg:

> Hope this is a joke! This is more like a shrine to man`s bull%*&t !What a farce and insult to this beautiful piece of rock,no longer the Big Chief but now reduced to a mere bitch with someone`s phallus (the Oscar)rammed down her proverbial throat.It`s all going the way of all flesh and turning into a circus,just like Everest et al!  Pure vanity!

lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...