UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Ice in Norway and Sasha on 9a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Apr 2012
Ice and Sasha Montage, 4 kbTwo videos this week - a great film about ice climbing in Norway and a short clip of Sasha DiGiulian on her second 9a.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67083
 lewiz 27 Apr 2012
Sasha is pushing damn hard but she's going to have to work on those cries if she's ever going to stand a chance against Sharma and Ondra
 Nick Russell 27 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Was it youtube? my monitor? or did they put that blue filter in the Norway video deliberately? Great apart from that!
 Kemics 27 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News:

amazing how relaxed she looks. Climbs so fluidly without any look of effort at what must be her limit. Very impressive, super cool head.
 tim000 29 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: page freezes . is there a problem?
In reply to Kemics:

Didn't look fluid to me. Constantly rearranging her fingers, missing and putting feet on wrong foot holds. And how has she got a cool head?

Clearly she got it wired and sent it, good effort, but your comment made me think I was watching a different video.
 Calder 29 Apr 2012
In reply to The Green Giant:
> (In reply to Kemics)
>
> Didn't look fluid to me. Constantly rearranging her fingers, missing and putting feet on wrong foot holds. And how has she got a cool head?
>
> Clearly she got it wired and sent it, good effort, but your comment made me think I was watching a different video.

I was watching it thinking "blooming eck, she got up this making all those mistakes, just think what she's capable when she gets something wired..."

Then she fell off!

I'm guessing the successful redpoint was the fluid, effortless, cool performance that Kemics was referring to...
 Fraser 11 May 2012
In reply to Calder:

I was watching it thinking 'that's a great opening shot - how did they film that?' Extra long boom cam or something, or one of those heli-cams?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...