UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Muy Caliente! E10 First Ascent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 Dec 2010
Tim Emmett on Muy Caliente!, 4 kbTonight's Friday Night Video is from Bamboo Chicken and is of Tim Emmett making the first ascent of Muy Caliente! (E10) in Stennis Ford, Pembroke.

The film is part of the DVD Welsh Connections which won 'Best Climbing Film' at Graz, ShAFF and Vancouver film festivals.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59463

Adam Lincoln 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome!
 Mr Powly 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Spicy
 Andy_B39 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Is it me or is there a sudden appearing cameraman juat before the 10min point.
 liamo333 17 Dec 2010
In reply to Andy_B39:

Ha, yeah, noticed that too, some doggy editing!
 James Oswald 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Just fantastic!
The best free climbing video on the net?
Top effort from Emmett and a big thank you to Bamboo Chicken.
James
 Lord_ash2000 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Awesome vid. Physced now
 Boogs 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Language Timothy !! 80P looked very intricate & seriously intense , good stuff .

Well done 80) .
 Dax 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant vid - was really egging him on to succeed.

Could see how close it was on a number of the moves - supplied real tension to the climb.

I mean the climb itself is hard, obviously, but to make the film of it exciting too is pretty cool.

Cheers for a great video.
 Quarryboy 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Cant believe he rested on the mono lol
 Mi|es 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: I really enjoy these friday night vids The only problem I had was that it was a little over-edited for my taste between ~5:40-6:15 but otherwise it was really enjoyable.
 Niall Grimes 17 Dec 2010
In reply to Mi|es: Yeah, really good.

If anyone hasn't seen it the original video, Welsh Connection, is very good.
 Jus 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Just brilliant!
In reply to Niall Grimes:
> If anyone hasn't seen it the original video, Welsh Connection, is very good.

Yes it is great. A sort of epilogue to Welsh Connections really.

Alan
 Steve13 17 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Yeah one or two editing mistakes but content was epic.

Emmett has such infectious enthusiasm, he's like a fountain of psyche.
Removed User 19 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

It's the resting on one finger that gets me. How is that even possible?

Well done Tim, excellent effort.
Tim Emmett 20 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Thanks for everyones comments and support. I really had to go for it on this one as you can probably tell. Definitely the hardest thing I have ever done and super psyched that Dave Brown and Bamboo Chicken were able to catch it on film. It's so far away from what's really possible though. For me Muy Caliente! was right at my physical limit for sport climbing.If Climbers who operate in the F9's applied their skills to a necky trad route at their physical limit, then we are talking some seriously big E' numbers. Dave MacLeod's Echo Wall and Rhapsody could be just the beginning? I wonder what the future holds - Exciting stuff!
A big thank you to Mountain Hardwear for their support over the last 11 Years
Tim Emmett 20 Dec 2010
In reply to Tim Emmett:
Thanks to Trev Messiah and Gavin Symmonds for their invaluable belaying and positive vibes It can make so much difference having the right person holding your ropes
 gingerwolf 20 Dec 2010
In reply to Tim Emmett: excellent work Tim!
It was nice to have seen it before the rest of the "punters" at Maccesfield Rugby Club during your excellent lecture!
Glad this is now available for everyone else to watch!

Also, good effort in the Triple 5 and Great Climb - can't wait to see what the future holds!
Tom (member of the Tim Emmett Appreciation Society!!! )
Parrys_apprentice 20 Dec 2010
Tim you nutjob! brilliant climbing.

On the first attempt in the film, I love the time pressure, "better get climbing, I've got to set off for this wedding in 2.5 hours".

Did he really look on the wrong gear loop for the only bit of gear he'd taken up?
 grubes 20 Dec 2010
In reply to Alan James - UKC:
Gotta agree welsh connection was fantastic. Its in my DVD player at home right now. I was inspired to watch the whole thing again after watching this video yesterday.

Now I am just waiting to see there next offering. Anyone know if Bamboo chicken are planning to bring out anotehr DVD?
 Kyuzo 20 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

WOW, GRIPPING! Great to watch when it's right on the limit.
 davebrown3 21 Dec 2010
In reply to grubes: Hi Grubes. We have got a new DVD just out. Andy Kirkpatrick "Off The Wall". Not much climbing, but very very funny
 Jackwd 19 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News: Amazing work Tim! Being fairly young and new to this climbing malarky it's great to see guys like you throwing down these savage lines. So inspirational!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...