UKC

NEWS: GB Trophies in Youth Color Climbing Festival

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Jun 2018
Three British youngsters returned home from the Youth Color Climbing Festival in Imst, Austria this month with trophies in hand. Hannah Kerr (born 2005) and Hannah Toward (2007) both placed 2nd and Valissya May (2007) placed 3rd in their respective age groups. 

Read more
Andrew Kin 14 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Looks like this is going to disappear without comment.  Just like to say well done to the entire GB representation at this event.  Austria had the highest entrance for the event, however next up was GB which is amazing.  In girls U12 alone GB had 4 of the top 6 places in a field of nearly 60 climbers.

Youth climbing & competition may not be everyones cup of tea but these kids are enjoying themselves climbing and putting on a brilliant show of climbing skills, determination and fitness.  Not too mention how well behaved they were. 

Roland.Online 19 Jun 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

> Just like to say well done to the entire GB representation at this event.

Definitely an impressive result by such a friendly and enthusiastic group of kids.

My daughter has climbed alongside all of the GB girls in the U12 group, and has been inspired to join the YCCF event next year, which she's very excited about.

It looks like a well-run event in a beautiful mountain setting.

Cheers

Andrew Kin 19 Jun 2018
In reply to Roland.Online:

We have probably met then at one of the comps if your daughter is Cat D now.  Really good fun comp and glad we turned it into a bit of a holiday as well.  The place is amazing

TobyA 19 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Well done to the UK kids - top effort and that depth of talent bodes really well for future Olympic squads and top headpointers/redpointers surely!?

I actually clicked on the results link, presuming up to then that I was giving the benefit of the doubt to the Austrians for spelling "color" the US way - but no, it's there as "colour". The results PDF at least has it spelt our way, so putting on my teacher's hat, come on UKC! This is kids we are talking about! Set them a good example so they get full SPaG marks in their next test!

I bet we are going to be seeing these names again and again hopefully over the next years. Well done dudes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...