UKC

NEWS: Hobbie Noble, Highball 8B First Ascent for Varian

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Jul 2014
Dan Varian climbing the lower section of Hobbie Noble, 8B, Christianbury Crags, 4 kbTop British boulderer, Dan Varian has just made the first ascent of a highball 8B boulder problem at Christianbury Crags, in the Eden Valley, Northern Cumbria.

Hobbie Noble is one of the most perfect problems Dan has climbed incorporating some hard climbing very high above the ground...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69031
 The Pylon King 09 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Boom!
Bellie 09 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I took loads of images last year at the crag, and was only looking at them this morning thinking some great bouldering to be had there. Quiet place. Long walk in.
 Lankyman 09 Jul 2014
In reply to Bellie:

> some great bouldering to be had there. Quiet place. Long walk in.

Yes. I went up once in the 1980's and decided that most stuff was either too easy or far too futuristic for a punter like me. From what Dan has done it seems like it's true. If the crag was nearer the Big Smoke it would be far better known. There is more stuff at Black Stantling a few km away but again, a nice long walk to get there.

Ron Kenyon 10 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Magic place - far too hard for me - not sure about the 30 minutes from home - especially if you flog up through the trees from The Flatt.

Well done Dan
 SteveSBlake 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Ron Kenyon:

For sure the hike through the trees is hard enough - never mind the problem!

Steve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...