UKC

ARTICLE: How to Make the Most of a Home Climbing Board

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 05 May 2020
How to get the most out of a home wall.

So you've finally built your home wall! With the boom in home builds due to COVID-19 there have been questions raised online about how to get the most out of a home set-up. While every construction will differ in size, angle and purpose, there are some universal tips for making sessions productive and fun - especially once the novelty wears off!

Here are some ideas for staying strong and motivated on a home set-up

Read more
 Southvillain 06 May 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

So you've finally built your home wall!

Right. First obvious question. Precisely how many people have done/got anything like those `home walls'?

kwoods 06 May 2020
In reply to Southvillain:

*hand up*

So article is quite apt! Particularly the bit about the variety of hold types - built mine at 45 degrees, covered in little crimp edges and the fingers are having a total moan this morning.

joem 06 May 2020

me, nothing as fancy as some of the pictures but a 30 degree board I can also think of at least 3 of my friends that have built something similar, these are all 2 climbing households so that's at least 6 people. I also saw a lot of people in climbing trousers loitering around the plywood section of B&Q in the week before lockdown. 

to those who have home walls if you have a 30 degree board and have a small amount of space to build something else what would you build? to be usable it needs to be steeper really as it's in the loft, the steeper the wall the longer the problems if that makes sense?

Post edited at 10:37
 Southvillain 06 May 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

That's me told then! *shuffles off shamefacedly toward fingerboard*

Alkis 06 May 2020

I built a 45 degree in the garden, 3.66x2.44m. I know many people who have done the same, it's not particularly difficult, just takes space. Actually I have a feeling that the country has never had as many home walls as it has just gained.

Been making softwood holds for it and it's actually quite easy to forget how steep a 45 is when doing that... loads of things feel like they should be incut enough but very much are not.

Post edited at 18:51

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...