UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Hukkataival climbs Circus Elephant Syndrome, "hard 8B+"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nalle Hukkataival on Circus Elephant Syndrome, 8B+, 4 kbAfter returning home to Finland from a hot Fontainebleau, Nalle Hukkataival felt the time had come to settle the deal with one of his last long term project near his home. We could all follow the drama on Facebook:

Just had it with this weather. Going to the proj, wet or not! 45min drive and a...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64513
 TobyA 13 Oct 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Where is it?
sakarimcgregor 13 Oct 2011
In reply to TobyA: Sipoo, Finland
 TobyA 13 Oct 2011
In reply to sakarimcgregor: <bad Finnish>Mutta missä? Sipoo on iso paikka!</bad Finnish>
In reply to TobyA: That I don't know, never been to the spot, but would say it's old sipoo as there are access problems there.
 TobyA 13 Oct 2011
In reply to sakarimcgregor:
> but would say it's old sipoo as there are access problems there.

Yeah, that's what I wondered from the sort of geographically vague reporting. I'm still not convinced that international coverage for blocs or crags that have access issues locally is a great idea. Sort of having your cake and eating it.

With Jokamiehenoikeudet/Everyman's right I'm not actually sure how real the access issue ever are here (except in the case of environmental/cultural protection), so presume its just a land owner who doesn't like climbers, or at least lots of climbers.
In reply to TobyA: No it's more of a thing that people have used his private road and parked on spots that your not allowed. But like Nalle said on his blog post, he parked before it and road his bike with all his gear, so no problem there.

TobyA 13 Oct 2011
In reply to sakarimcgregor: Good for him. Extra style points for biking with a pad on your back - as if 8B+ wasn't hard enough already!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...