UKC

NEW ARTICLE: I Want That Job! #2 - Tom Randall - Route Setter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 21 Jan 2008
Second in line is Forum user Tom Randall. Tom left a career in finance - trading German Government Bond Futures in London to move to Sheffield and pursue his passion for climbing. He works for The Edge Climbing Centre as a Professional Route Setter and is also the British Senior Climbing Team Manager. I wanted to know how easy it is to get in to route setting and if it's all just turning up at the wall, drinking coffee and training all day long. Lets find out:

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=798
liz davey 21 Jan 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: tom, in your second picture (tom randall in action), where are your legs?!

liz
x
In reply to liz davey: They are behind his right arm in the background - if you can't see them your monitor might be a bit dark.
 Ropeboy 21 Jan 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor:

I think Tom is setting some great routes and it's revitalised my climbing.

Well done Tom!

J
 ro8x 21 Jan 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor:
' These old holds are then taken out to the back of the centre to be jet-washed clean by some poor soul'

In reply to ro8x:

Yeah, sorry about that Karl - at least I gave you some credit!
 Scott22 23 Jan 2008
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training: hey Tom! is that the picture i took? It must be because you still have half your nose missing keep up the awesome setting!
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training:
Interesting to see your comment that the CWMA qualification is not needed to work in most walls: Perkins Slade would no longer include routesetting on my list of professional activities that they will insure, because I don't have a badge....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...