UKC

NEW ARTICLE: I Want That Job! #3 Maurizio Oviglia, Journalist

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 07 Feb 2008
Maurizio Oviglia is an Editor at Vertical magazine and also the Director of the UP European Climbing Report - an annual glossy magazine for European climbers.

I first met Maurizio on a BMC International Meet at Plas y Brenin a few years ago. It struck me at the time that whilst I was having a great time at the crag - enjoying a week off work, Maurizio was having a great time at the crag - enjoying a week of work!

He wrote about the meet in a subsequent issue of Vertical. I caught up with him again, to see if his job really is just jetting off around the world and getting paid to climb...

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=805
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor:

The great thing about Maurizio is that he's a rare example of an excellent writer of guidebooks / climbing journalist AND a top-notch climber with dozen of new routes everywhere in the Alps and Sardinia. Best of both worlds, a real rarity...

The fact that "Rock Paradise" hasn't yet got an English translation is one of the great unexplained mysteries of modern climbing literature...
 Morgan Woods 19 Feb 2008
In reply to Luca Signorelli:

yeah he looks to be a pretty decent climber, casually putting the clips into 8a & b FA's.

Thanks to Jack for tracking down someone outside the typical UK circles and providing an international perspective.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...