UKC

NEWS: Ian Smith Let Go From Climb magazine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 13 Sep 2007
Brian McAlinden reports at Planetfear.com

"We've also just heard that Climb Magazine has been cutting back on its editorial staff with the 'letting go' of Ian Smith. Ian had been the deputy editor of High Magazine and joined the Climb editorial staff when High & On The Edge merged in 2005."...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Sam M 13 Sep 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Thats sad news as a lovely lovely man!

Good luck Ian chuck maybe time to retire to Spain?

Sam and Rich Orange House
 TobyT 13 Sep 2007

Are you deliberately looping these to get more hits? I click on the news link in your article and it takes me to the news page, if I click on the read more link under the article it takes me back here. So in fact I can't read more. There's actually more merry-go-round fun because if I click on the Planetfear link they same pretty much the same thing and then have a link to read more at UKClimbing News, which takes me back to the same spot.

And yes I'm aware of this behaviour from the past, it just seemed to particularly annoy me today.
OP Michael Ryan 13 Sep 2007
In reply to TobyT:

Yes sorry Toby, usually that doesn't happen. I usually just have an excerpt in the forums with the full report on the News page.

andi turner 13 Sep 2007

Does this mean there'll be less 'Peak' based articles now
 Simon 13 Sep 2007
In reply to Sam M:

Good luck in ventures new Ian - Spain is nice this time of year I hear...

;0)

Si
 Jenn 13 Sep 2007

Well with all of the climbing magazine editors in the UK 'retiring', can we assume the market was heard?
 tobyfk 14 Sep 2007

> We've also just heard that Climb Magazine has been cutting back on its editorial staff

Climb had editorial staff!?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...