UKC

NEWS: IFSC Boulder World Cup 2019 - Vail: Garnbret Reigns Supreme

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Jun 2019
The IFSC Boulder World Cup series culminated in an exciting finale in Vail, Colorado last weekend. At an altitude of 2,476 metres, the round is typically challenging for competitors living at lower elevations. Despite the thin air, the atmosphere at the event was on a par with that in Munich's Olympiastadion, with a high-energy crowd.

Having already sealed her overall Boulder World Cup title in Munich, Slovenia's Janja Garnbret was looking to make history by becoming the first person to win all 6 rounds of a season. After qualifying in second place and appearing nervous at times, Garnbret fought hard in the finals to take the win. Yoshiyuki Ogata (JPN) achieved his first World Cup win by flashing the final boulder.

Read more
 Emilio Bachini 11 Jun 2019
In reply to UKC News:

The men’s podium photo appears to have the wrong names in the caption. Or I’m tired and should go to sleep.

Emilio. 

Tyler 11 Jun 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Has anyone calculated how many boulders Janja has failed to top in the whole series, it can't be more than a handful?

In reply to Tyler:

74/78 topped. Impressive!

Removed User 11 Jun 2019
In reply to UKC News:

"6/6 wins – a first in the history of the World Cup circuit."

I think a bit of clarification is needed here. I might be wrong, but I do believe Robyn Erbesfield won 4/4 rounds back in 1994 (lead).

Murd 15 Jun 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Please, please, don't put the result in the title of the thread!

I and others have asked this before, I like to watch the semi's and the finals, that is often 8 hours of coverage to watch, rarely get chance to do that in one hit, there's simply no need to give results in the thread title (how ever likely she was going to win!).

I guess that you want me to read your forums, see all your adverts, lap up the click bait you provide, but if you keep giving away results I'll be giving the forums a wide birth. Lead and World championships coming up, that's a long time without me seeing your content, please sort it out.

In reply to Murd:

It's climbing news and their job to report it. Just do what everyone else has to and avoid social media and ukc if you don't want to see the result. It's not that difficult. 

UKC have press accreditation for the Olympics so expect results to be reported within minutes. 

Andy Gamisou 16 Jun 2019
In reply to Murd:

> Please, please, don't put the result in the title of the thread! ...

What I do to get around this is to switch to UKH  when there's likely to be reporting on stuff I want to not know IFSC results.  When you're on UKH and you go to My Forums you can set your Fav Forums to exclude UKC (which includes such news items (you can't exclude it whilst using UKC - thus the switch)).  Then I use UKH from then on until I've watched whatever it is I don't want to know the result of.  It's fairly easy to do and doesn't affect your UKC forum settings. And you can still see any of the other forums you might be interested in.  Hope this helps!

Murd 16 Jun 2019
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Yes that's fine, but if , as in this case it was on was on right hand side banners all week it was impossible to miss regardless of forum settings.

Of course UKC are going to report it, so they should, but putting the result in the title of the thread seems unnecessary to me. 

Andy Gamisou 16 Jun 2019
In reply to Murd:

> Yes that's fine, but if , as in this case it was on was on right hand side banners all week it was impossible to miss regardless of forum settings.

You'll be accessing the site via UKH though, so it shouldn't be there (iirc - which of course I might not be).  If all fails, then this has a few tips you might try  youtube.com/watch?v=MEumvfKaL_w&

Post edited at 15:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...